Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Michelle Mulherin has a friend from Kenya

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭liam24

porsche959 wrote: »
    Or a smear campaign with a rather nasty racist undercurrent.

You're about a million miles off the mark there I'm afraid.

conorh91 wrote: »
    There was an official trade visit to Kenya in 2013. Might be something to do with that.

It's possible the phone call relates to an individual in the Kenyan government or in business, with whom the relevant public representative or his staff member was maintaining a political relationship.

I'm amazed that phonecalls are still this expensive. Is the cost of such communications really justifiable by the telephone companies?

Could be!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,499 ✭✭✭porsche959

liam24 wrote: »
    You're about a million miles off the mark there I'm afraid.

Oh, I'm not suggesting you personally are a racist or are drawing attention to this for improper reasons.

But I do wonder if a TD had a bill due to a large number of calls to, say, Brussels, or London, or even New York, would it be a big issue in the media.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

This is like when you came home and your mother was obviously angry at you and made all kinds of passive aggressive smart remarks but wouldn't tell you what was up

You have a good time?
    With your frinds?
    And now your home?
    Isn't that great?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

Its so sad that the broke up:( We tax payers should buy her some phone credit so they can keep in touch.... OH WAIT:eek:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭Kevin McCloud

You have a good time?
    With your frinds?
    And now your home?
    Isn't that great?

Too many qs tbm, give us ah drunken thread 122

• Registered Users Posts: 5,291 ✭✭✭keeponhurling

Go on, who is racist about what ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭c_man

Oh, I'm not suggesting you personally are a racist or are drawing attention to this for improper reasons.

But I do wonder if a TD had a bill due to a large number of calls to, say, Brussels, or London, or even New York, would it be a big issue in the media.

If there was suggestion that it was this extraordinary amount for personal calls, then yeah of course it would be a story. No question.

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭daithi1970

hold on..you said a former Kenyan-Is he not kenyan anymore?

• Advertisement

daithi1970 wrote: »

This website is really infested with smart-arses.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭Kevin McCloud

Ad block them.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

daithi1970 wrote: »

Is he an athlete?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

Well, tell us straight out what your point is rather than going all Sunday Times crossword on us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭c_man

Jester252 wrote: »
    Still nothing linking her to the calls

We'll have to add it to other Dail mysteries, you know no proof and all,
    INDEPENDENT TD MICHAEL Healy-Rae won a celebrity television competition after winning over 3,500 votes that were generated from an Oireachtas phone in 2007, it has emerged.

The taxpayer ended up paying the €2,639 bill for the premium line calls to the number that was needed to vote specifically for Healy-Rae whose father Jackie Healy-Rae was a member of the Dáil at the time. Neither of the two Kerrymen are able to explain the calls, the paper reports.

http://www.thejournal.ie/healy-rae-won-tv-show-after-thousands-of-calls-from-the-dail-164750-Jun2011/

Maybe the phone system is haunted?

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭daithi1970

..and it took you 85 posts to figure that out:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭DaDerv

Maybe he's a Prince looking for money. One guy emailed me and I sorted him out. Nice chap. Hasn't gotten back to me since.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭feargale

SweetChaos wrote: »

Ok then, there are questions to be answered about the phone calls. I still don't understand the relevance of the child from another relationship.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

DaDerv wrote: »
    Maybe he's a Prince looking for money. One guy emailed me and I sorted him out. Nice chap. Hasn't gotten back to me since.

Maybe he's a Prince looking ..........

http://imgur.com/Z3i3vG5

• Registered Users Posts: 4,154 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

So what if it's her making the calls. As long as there's no fornication involved that is.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

So over the past 3 years over two grands worth of calls have been made from Dail landlines to one Kenya mobile phone.
    There is no official explanation for this, but it is suspected that it is a personal mobile.
    But the number called has not been released for privacy reasons.
    There does not seem to be much will from inside the dail to identify who made the caller is. Probably because no TD wants too much scrutiny of personal versus business calls made from their office landlines.
    The is now a media witchhunt going on to try to find links between our Public representatives and Kenya to see if they can identify who made the calls and push to get the money repaid to the taxpayer. I am guessing that the OP is trying to hint to us that it is Michelle who made the calls.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,211 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

How is it racist?

godtabh wrote: »
    How is it racist?

Its not. But some posters like to label any post that mentions Africa as having 'racist undertones'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

Quigs Snr wrote: »
    So what if it's her making the calls. As long as there's no fornication involved that is.

Marry me girl, be my fairy to the world
    Be my very own constellation
    A teenage bride with a baby inside
    Getting high on information
    And buy me a star on the boulevard
    It's Kenyanfornication

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Probably not because they're cheaper to them countries.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

Why is someone still using a landline to make calls to an unusual place long distance? Havent they heard of Skype or Viber? I seriously hope this is a big enough warning to stop TDs doing this again.

The last thing we need is tens of thousands of euro "investigation" to reveal nothing

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

Fooking Hell ! ! !

hfallada wrote: »
    Why is someone still using a landline to make calls to an unusual place long distance? Havent they heard of Skype or Viber?

Its a good question. My opinion is that some of them dont give a flying fck about cost to the taxpayer and too lazy to take a few mins to find a cheaper alternative.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭arayess

So over the past 3 years over two grands worth of calls have been made from Dail landlines to one Kenya mobile phone.
    There is no official explanation for this, but it is suspected that it is a personal mobile.
    But the number called has not been released for privacy reasons.
    There does not seem to be much will from inside the dail to identify who made the caller is. Probably because no TD wants too much scrutiny of personal versus business calls made from their office landlines.
    The is now a media witchhunt going on to try to find links between our Public representatives and Kenya to see if they can identify who made the calls and push to get the money repaid to the taxpayer. I am guessing that the OP is trying to hint to us that it is Michelle who made the calls.

ah stop talking sense...why derail a thread on something kinda important with common sense when you can cry racism like this person

it's much more fun to argue around the racism smokescreen than discuss something relevant like TD being accountable for expenses they use.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Phone jacker?

Advertisement