Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Michelle Mulherin has a friend from Kenya

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 277 ✭✭BBJBIG

Hope the Kenyan lad loikes FUgly Oirish Burds .... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭conorh91

I have to say this is the funniest news story I've read in ages.

I know that wasting taxpayers' money is a serious matter, and if this were a social welfare recipient, they'd be facing prosecution.

But this story is as farcical as a Fr Ted episode... a religious fundamentalist, opposed to fornication, caught up in an international love intrigue, with a bit of financial impropriety thrown in... it's Bishop Brennan and the missing videotape all over again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭cerastes

liam24 wrote: »
    Listening to Michelle Mulherin's excuses for her Kenya calls, my thoughts are that EVEN IF hypothetically all the calls were for business purposes, there's something deeply unsettling about the fact that people with expenses paid think nothing of going for the most expensive option of calling a mobile in Africa instead of, say, using Skype. This, in my experience, is typical of the mindset of people in the civil service and other jobs with expenses - buy the most expensive pens, the most expensive paper, take taxis instead of getting the bus. That's why every single expense or perk with costs money should be accounted for and published annually. This includes every single department of the civil service, An Post, an Garda Siochana, schools with government funding - everything. I guarantee you when the media start sifting through it, the resulting embarrassment will save us hundreds of millions.

The thing is, in the Public/Civil service, the attitude of those that have control over spending seems to be one of, if you dont spend what you got this year how can you expect the same or more next year.
    It would look unusual for them (politicians) to not have costs and then suddenly have large costs, in that way its better to always have some expenses (for them). Clearly MM decides to subsidise her personal costs and Im sure shes not the only one.
    I still cant understand why the costs arent accounted for? or why there is no question asked in what aspect of her job did this deal with, have it explained in more detail.

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭Mayo_Boy

She must be fonda black cox

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭cerastes

Mayo_Boy wrote: »
    She must be fonda black cox

Who cares, hows about spreading the word up ther and not voting in FF or FG up their, please, really despite what the word is, they aren't saving you from them lot down there in Dublin, its the everyone else that needs saving from their kind.

On a slightly more serious note, how do they ever get in?
    With the kind of people available, it seems better for the electorate to abstain from voting entirely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭maxwell smart

Heard her on Sean O'Rourke today. Total car crash radio!

She just misses him I think. He had a very big personality she said ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

I reckon this story was leaked for political reasons and hopefully we have not heard the last of this.

Remember the 'printing abuse' scandal of a few years ago.

We must only be scratching the surface of the money wasted by our elected representatives.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭Captain Slow IRL

......... the resulting embarrassment will save us hundreds of millions.

What f*cking TD gets embarrassed over expenses?! If they did, this wouldn't be an issue in the first place.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭AlekSmart

listermint wrote: »
    something something printer cartridges or something to that effect.

.... :rolleyes:

Ermmm...DENIS O'BRIEN.......DENIS O'BRIEN.......Hah-Gotcha :eek:

Somebody jokingly mentioned livin close to Pee Flynn as being a possible contributory factor to madness....be careful now...things are righting themselves slowly.....

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/politics/ray-burke-im-glad-that-justice-has-been-done-30934970.html

In the meantime,Michelle should be given full opportunity to get further involved in this matter.....as it is,by far and away,more rewarding than trawling through all the other oul doom n'gloom stuff we get these days....You Go,Michelle,GO :D

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 349 ✭✭BabySlam

A TD's Motto : Anything I did I deny it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭Calibos

I know a few evangelical christians and what I've learned is that rather than them being more moral or trustworthy people, invariably they are usually the opposite. The more of a chancer you are the more attractive evangelical christianity is to you. ie. accept jeeebus and all is forgiven. The ultimate moral get out of jail free card.

Thus when I hear someone is a fundy christian I am actually less likely to trust them rather than more likely.

So the fact that she thinks nothing about blowing €2000 of tax payers money on phoning an ex in Kenya does not surprise me in the slightest.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,873 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

It's very easy to spend other people's money.

Fair play to you Michelle.

A true TD.

Milk it and have no shame.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,698 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Calibos wrote: »
    I know a few evangelical christians and what I've learned is that rather than them being more moral or trustworthy people, invariably they are usually the opposite.

"Never do business with a religious son-of-a-*****. His word ain't worth a **** -- not with the Good Lord telling him how to **** you on the deal."
    - William S. Burroughs

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

This, in my experience, is typical of the mindset of people in the civil service and other jobs with expenses - buy the most expensive pens, the most expensive paper, take taxis instead of getting the bus.

You know nothing.

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭liam24

I want to say I take great exception to the thread I started specifically about Michelle Mulherin being merged with this thread. I'm the one who actually lifted the lid on it, days before it was in the media. The only reason the Sunday Times went and investigated her is that I started this thread.

You know nothing.

I know plenty. I presume I'm talking to somebody working in the civil service.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

I want to say I take great exception to the thread I started specifically about Michelle Mulherin being merged with this thread. I'm the one who actually lifted the lid on it, days before it was in the media. The only reason the Sunday Times went and investigated her is that I started this thread.

Hark at deepthroat.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭_Jumper_

Where did you hear it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭Topper Harley

So the only reason you did it was for the attention, not because you were concerned and wanted to highlight taxes being wasted.

Maybe you'd be getting the credit you crave if you hadn't been so cryptic at the start.

I know plenty. I presume I'm talking to somebody working in the civil service.

Tell us about this experience which you claim.

• Advertisement

So the only reason you did it was for the attention, not because you were concerned and wanted to highlight taxes being wasted.

Maybe you'd be getting the credit you crave if you hadn't been so cryptic at the start.

Did you ever hear of libel laws?

Tell us about this experience which you claim.

I was an EO in the Dept of Enterprise, Trade and Employment.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

A friend in Kenya....dat's niice.

I was an EO in the Dept of Enterprise, Trade and Employment.

Interesting... so what were the biros like?

Interesting... so what were the biros like?

I've been all over the civil service, and I know all sorts. You know that guy with the office at the end of the hall - he's got nice biros, I'll tell you that much for nothing. You can buy cheap pens and pencils wholesale, but they get them shipped in from Italy.

I'd like to point out that the only reason Leo Varadkar was answering questions in the media about his stance on adoption was because of me too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,554 ✭✭✭bjork

I've been all over the civil service, and I know all sorts. You know that guy with the office at the end of the hall - he's got nice biros, I'll tell you that much for nothing. You can buy cheap pens and pencils wholesale, but they get them shipped in from Italy.

Maybe she was ringing Kenya to negotiate a better price on pens? How much are pens in Kenya compared to Italy?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

bjork wrote: »
    Maybe she was ringing Kenya to negotiate a better price on pens? How much are pens in Kenya compared to Italy?

Maybe she was ringing Pen island.

zzzz

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,554 ✭✭✭bjork

mikom wrote: »
    Maybe she was ringing Pen island.

Pen Islands Pens

We Specialize In Wood

We have been hand-crafting wooden pens for nearly three decades and our designs have won multiple awards. From single pens to bulk orders, virgin timber or reclaimed barn wood. Visit our wood page for further information.

http://www.penisland.net/ :pac:

Advertisement