Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Michelle Mulherin has a friend from Kenya

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

I'd love to know the thought process that goes on in a scumbags head. How on earth they go from hearing a TD spent a 2k on calls to fire bombing her offices is beyond me.

In the grand scheme of things 2k is peanuts compared to the bill Fianna Fáil and their banking buddies left the country with

I know, just like Shatter received white powder in an envelope in the middle of his crisis, and Alan Kelly receiving bomb threats in his....

It is quite literally unbelievable. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,998 ✭✭✭conorhal

I'd love to know the thought process that goes on in a scumbags head. How on earth they go from hearing a TD spent a 2k on calls to fire bombing her offices is beyond me.

Well allow me to explain so.
    You hear she's blown 2k if your money chatting to her ex.
    Instead of apologizing and refunding the money immediately we get silence and the vain hope on her part that the news cycle moves on and the outrage dies on the back pages.
    When it doesn't however we get denial and then a forced, mealy mouthed explaination that nobody believes because it lacks detail or credibility.

We all know what comes next, a forced apology through gritted teeth that's about as sencere as a pre-election promise and then back to business as usual at the trough.
    Unsurprisingly people have pretty much lost patience with this utterly predictable cycle of denial, contempt and unaccountability, we've had it on repeat since Shatter bit the dust.

In the grand scheme of things 2k is peanuts compared to the bill Fianna Fáil and their banking buddies left the country with

You know what that's exactly the enfuriating attitude that makes the mob start lighting the torches. 'Stop bothering me, I'm busy with my snout in the trough, and sure I'd barely wipe my arse with 2k so what are you whining about pesant! Now get back to working to fund my sense of entitlement!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Dog of Tears

conorhal wrote: »
    mealy mouthed explaination that nobody believes.

Which ironically is the perfect description for your rather strange quasi-justification for firebombing people's property.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

She said on the radio on monday that she would only repay the money if it was shown she had done wrong.

Then on tuesday she repays the money. Does this mean she admits doing wrong?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,554 ✭✭✭bjork

Maybe it was the same lads that were in Padraig Nally´s place. They´re both in Mayo I believe?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭folan

i am shocked that people actually seem to be defending an act like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,664 ✭✭✭golfball37

I actually don't believe anyone in Mayo would fire bomb her office over this. I honestly think at this stage its friends of the governemnt carrying out these acts so they can take the moral high ground and brush over the issue at hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,998 ✭✭✭conorhal

Which ironically is the perfect description for your rather strange quasi-justification for firebombing people's property.

Not unlike Ms. Mulhern when told that the public are generally unapreciative of dismissive politicians with a sense of entitlement doing stuff that would see your average employee fired on the spot, the point you're trying to make is lost on me?

I didn't justify anything, I just offered a perfectly logical explaination for why events escalated to the point that they did, if you show contempt for the public it follows that the nuttier elements of that public are likely do something silly and rash. Do you disagree?

golfball37 wrote: »
    I actually don't believe anyone in Mayo would fire bomb her office over this. I honestly think at this stage its friends of the governemnt carrying out these acts so they can take the moral high ground and brush over the issue at hand.

Unless it was her friends trying to dispose of phone and/or other records, cough, cough

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Lex Hieronica

Ever heard of Titus Oates Syndrome?

• Advertisement

She paid it

She also revealed she gave €2,000 to the Houses of the Oireachtas, following claims she inappropriately used her Dáil phone to call her friend Danson Kole in Kenya.

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/firebomb-at-mulherin-office-as-2000-phone-bill-repaid-30943904.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭arayess

firebombing her office was wrong. very wrong.
    I just don't have much sympathy though.

Titus Oates maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭Montroseee

Has it been established that this man was just a friend or was it more serious than that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 874 ✭✭✭FalconGirl

Clearly a distraction technique from the real issue here. FG/Lab have previous of this kind of stuff. You would be a fool not to see it.

The facts about TD Mulherin' relationship ststus with Mr Kole are moot.The Mulherins are a multi billion euro dynasty in Mayo.

The question is why would the taxpayer pick up the bill for someone who is not clearly stuck for a few bob?

The facts about TD Mulherin' relationship ststus with Mr Kole are moot.The Mulherins are a multi billion euro dynasty in Mayo.

The question is why would the taxpayer pick up the bill for someone who is not clearly stuck for a few bob?

She repaid the money.

(from her tax payer funded salary)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭tipptom

Why would she repay the money when she said she has done nothing wrong and it was not personal calls?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

tipptom wrote: »
    Why would she repay the money when she said she has done nothing wrong and it was not personal calls?

What she says and what she does.... and what she subsequently says and what she subsequently does.....all different and conflicting!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭stinkle

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/mulherin-calls-for-skype-in-oireachtas-30947124.html
    "I'd love if there was a system in place where there was an alarm bell or system that would notify people if there are high tariffs on particular calls or even a Skype facility within Leinster House," she told the Irish Independent.

How on earth did someone so stupid get elected in the first place?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

How did someone think that she is a fit and proper person to put forward as a candidate to be a TD in the first place.

She must have had the right connections. If she was an ordinary person then FG would have said "Go Away' you yahoo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭Mousewar

Presumably by 'Skype facility' she means a computer? I agree - they should definitely have computers in the Dail.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,782 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

stinkle wrote: »
    http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/mulherin-calls-for-skype-in-oireachtas-30947124.html

How on earth did someone so stupid get elected in the first place?

She's a backward, and voted for by backward people.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,059 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

I presume Skype is blocked on the Dail network on security / Microsoft tapping into calls on behalf of the NSA grounds.

Michelle and a few others are a great example of what happens when a party gets a much bigger vote than usual, the total gobsh1tes well down their list of candidates who wouldn't usually stand a chance get in.

© 1982 Sinclair Research Ltd

Here's an idea Michelle...

Do what the rest of us do, install a bloody app on your (though yours is state provided) mobile, buy an international phone card...

Or just use your HOUSE phone and fcuking pay the bill when it comes in.

Sense of entitlement is strong with this one alright.

Im going to email her the Skype link now and copy Enda into the mail. I suggest others do the same. She cannot be coming out with ridiculous statements like that. Its a free download ffs!

FalconGirl wrote: »
    Im going to email her the Skype link now and copy Enda into the mail. I suggest others do the same. She cannot be coming out with ridiculous statements like that. Its a free download ffs!

Hi Michelle,

Here is your Skype link which you can download for free on the website <Insert Skype Link> .
    No need to thank me, however I would suggest you use from now on rather than misusing public funds.

Regards
    xxxxxxx

FalconGirl wrote: »
    Hi Michelle,

Here is your Skype link which you can download for free on the website <Insert Skype Link> .
    No need to thank me, however I would suggest you use from now on rather than misusing public funds.

Regards
    xxxxxxx

You should include a bill for your consultancy work. You´re cheaper than yer man from Kenya for the good advice!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

bjork wrote: »
    You should include a bill for your consultancy work. You´re cheaper than yer man from Kenya for the good advice!!
    NOOOO!!!!

We the taxpayer will have to pay !!!

• Advertisement

blinding wrote: »
    NOOOO!!!!

We the taxpayer will have to pay !!!

Well there was no alarm system or bell ringing here alerting me not to be giving away taxpayers money

:D

Advertisement