Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fürstenberg 2 for €3 in Lidl, REALLY strong glass bottles

Options
  • 24-01-2015 4:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭

Probably not worth a new thread and am sure someone will tell me this should be moved to bargain alerts or something. But these are some heavy-ass bottles + labels come off with ease + brown glass = perfect for homebrew (+ the beer contained inside, while a bit of body & a tad too malty is a pretty easy lager). Stocking up while my pipeline gets going :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭TheDuke

Or just go to your local and ask them for bottles. They don't get money back on the small breweries so they won't have a problem with you taking a good few

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭neoanto

@TheDuke you raise an interesting point

Can people list the pubs they know will give you free bottles?
    I'm guessing mostly the craft beer places?

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭poitinstill

in cork the Bierhaus will give them out . best to arrange it before hand as if you rock in un announced htey may have jsut been to bottle bank or whereever .

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭TheDuke

Honestly, what ever pub you're known in... just ask nicely and see where it goes... you're going to home brew one way or another so they'll still want your business for the social pint...

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

I got a ton of Kopparberg bottles from my local. 500ml brown bottles. Labels come off relatively easy with a bit of hot water on them.

I'll probably get a few more off them in exchange for a few bottles of my brew.

• Advertisement
Advertisement