Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Estimated Bill

Options
  • 24-01-2015 4:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭

Hello

I got a seriously high estimated bill, and I am a little shocked at how high it is.
    I managed to do a meter reading myself and I was wondering if I could PM it to you, and see
    whether it makes any difference with the bill at all?

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

Hi Sapphire3,

Thanks for your post.

You can of course send us the meter reading by private message; we can then ensure an amended bill is issued with the up-to-date reading. You can also adjust the reading online if you prefer.

Just for general info, ESB Networks plan to read your meter four times a year, so four of your bills would be based on actual readings provided ESB Networks are able to access the meter. The remaining two will be estimates, based on past usage patterns.

If you have any other questions please don't hesitate to ask.

Regards,
    David

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Sapphire3

Thanks David, I sent you a PM with my meter reading.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭EI: Una

Hi Sapphire,

Thanks, I have responded to you.

Regards,
    Una

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Sapphire3

Thanks Una, I have answered your PM :-D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

As regards estimated billing, a billing period is 8weeks, or 56 days, does the billing system create a bill on any particular number of days, eg day 58, 59 60, 61. or is there more of a manual input.

I only ask because I always like to send in my own readings, and usually do this on day 59 or latest day 60 to avoid estimated bils, but sometimes I'm too late.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

Hi danjo-xx,

Thanks for your post.
    danjo-xx wrote:
    As regards estimated billing, a billing period is 8weeks, or 56 days, does the billing system create a bill on any particular number of days, eg day 58, 59 60, 61. or is there more of a manual input.

The average billing cycle is 61 days (we issue 6 bills per year, so 365/6 = 60.8). This is only an approximation however, as when a specific bill issues will depend mostly on when ESB Networks have scheduled a reading. 
    danjo-xx wrote:
    I only ask because I always like to send in my own readings, and usually do this on day 59 or latest day 60 to avoid estimated bils, but sometimes I'm too late.

If you are an online billing customer, our system will give you an approximate date for your next bill which you can use as a guide. Alternatively, if you wait for a bill to issue and only submit an actual reading yourself if you find that the bill has been estimated, this will ensure your account is kept up to date.

If you have any other questions we'll be happy to help.

Regards,
    David

Advertisement