Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ulster bank Graduate account

Options
  • 24-01-2015 1:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭

Hi All,

I graduated from university in September last year. Throughout my 4 years at University I used my ulster bank student account. My student account then switched over to a graduate account. I had been saving since getting a job after my graduation and had decided recently that I would apply for a graduate loan which was advertised on the ulster bank website http://www.ulsterbank.ie/roi/personal/daily-banking/current-accounts/student-youth-accounts/graduate.ashx

I called to book an appointment for a loan application last week and I was told that a member of staff from my local branch would contact me to arrange an appointment within 3 business hours. Two days passed and still no call so I then called up again and was told the same thing, another two days passed and still no call. On Wednesday of this week I dropped into my local branch to arrange a loan application. I was then informed that
    Ulster Bank no longer offer graduate loans, yet they are still advertised on their website.

The part of this that really annoyed me was the fact I called up twice stating I wanted to apply for a graduate loan and on both occasions neither member of staff managed to point out that graduate loans are no longer available.

I contacted the complaints dept. of Ulster bank and was issued with 60 quid compensation.

This is just a heads up for any other graduates who may have an account and plan on borrowing anytime soon!!

Advertisement