Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking to buy GTX970, any deals going?

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Just in case anyone bought the 970 recently through amazon UK, ya might wanna have a look at this: http://www.reddit.com/r/buildapc/comments/2uzjh6/discussion_gtx_970_amazon_uk_closure_for_me/

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Just in case anyone bought the 970 recently through amazon UK, ya might wanna have a look at this: http://www.reddit.com/r/buildapc/comments/2uzjh6/discussion_gtx_970_amazon_uk_closure_for_me/

He sent card back and got a refund. Or am I missing something? His first post is a bit confusing and later down in comments he says that he had to send card back too. If I remember right amazon is always fantastic when it comes to refunds.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Saw this on oc.net the other day,seems amazon in some cases are willing to give a partial refund of up to 20% and you get to keep the card. If you want a full refund the card has to go back. Thats my understanding of it anyway,fair play to amazon.

Cant see hardwareversand doing the same!!

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭Luck100

EoinHef wrote: »
    Saw this on oc.net the other day,seems amazon in some cases are willing to give a partial refund of up to 20% and you get to keep the card. If you want a full refund the card has to go back. Thats my understanding of it anyway,fair play to amazon.

Cant see hardwareversand doing the same!!

Yes, I've heard of both happening with Amazon (20% refund or return for full refund). But it's not a universal policy - more like case-by-case treatment for unhappy customers. I think the customer services reps have some discretion to offer service beyond Amazon's explicit policies, but it would likely depend on the customer's transaction and returns history with Amazon.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

He sent card back and got a refund. Or am I missing something? His first post is a bit confusing and later down in comments he says that he had to send card back too. If I remember right amazon is always fantastic when it comes to refunds.

There's a screengrab of his amazon chat in the linked post, it explains what happened :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement