Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nursing and Garda Vetting

Options
  • 24-01-2015 2:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hi all, i desperately need advice.

I am a first year general nursing mature student in a dublin college. Long before I moved to Dublin, july to be exact, just after I recieved my offer I rang the hospital and college to inform them that I may have an issue with my vetting as I was in the middle of my court dates to get things finalised and was unsure of what the outcome would be. I arranged the meeting with the hospital to explain the issue and what had happened. They said not to worry unduly, to go to college as normal and they wud contact me as soon as the vetting came back to them. And so the hard work began of moving up to Dublin, organising my b.t.e.a., rent allowance, fees, somewhere to live etc. Mid sept I was then thrilled that the judge dismissed any charges and I now have a clean record.....I still disclosed everything to the hospital anyway, thinking honesty is best policy. They did a risk assessment anyway and decided not to offer me a placement till next year, jan 2016, saying that they felt i needed further rehabilitation, even tho the garda told them i have no convictions... i have done the college part, sept to dec, got on great in exams etc, but am sitting at home these 10 weeks when i shud b on placement jan to march. I am appealing this on the grounds that my record is clean and asking if they can let me do the 10 weeks in summer instead. Now the college say they might not b able to let me go on in March, and i may have to go "off books" to freeze my fees and start all over again from the beginning in sept this year...or even go back through CAO, as the hospital have not yet gauranteed thst they will hold my place....which is crazy. Im awaiting decision now from college and am meeting them next Tuesday with my mum. Its exhausting. Im afraid I will loose everything ive worked for this far after a horrible year last year. Can the college and hospital do this even tho its clear i have no conviction?
    Can anyone advise, thanks

Advertisement