Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Advice on Jobseekers Benefit and Moving Home

• 24-01-2015 2:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

Hello, perhaps someone out there might be able to answer my question!
    I'm currently living in the west and have been receiving Jobseekers Benefit since a fixed-term contract came to an end a few weeks ago. I'll be entitled to claim this for about 9 months.

In July/August I hope to move up to Dublin for good, and have a place to live lined up there - however, I will have to supervise a complete renovation of the premises before I can move in, and will need to be in Dublin on and off in the summer to keep an eye on the electricians/plumbers etc.

As I've already mentioned, I'm currently in receipt of JB; however, I've heard of a job going locally which I'd be interested in taking. If I got the job, I'd have to resign at some stage, probably at the end of June when my Dublin flat becomes available (it's currently tenanted), and when I begin my big move up to Dublin.
    Because I'll be voluntarily leaving the job to enable a move across country, would I be barred from any social welfare payment? Would I be allowed to re-claim a Jobseekers Benefit or perhaps Jobseekers Assistance, or would I just be better to stay unemployed and continue to claim the JB until September or until I find a job up in Dublin following my move?

I'd really prefer to work, but am worried that I'd be left with no income in July/August if I choose to leave whatever job I've taken.

All advice welcome here!

Advertisement