Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eVision Box - no sound. no engineer until 9th Feb

Options
  • 24-01-2015 2:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,541 ✭✭✭

Title says it all really.
    No sound on box since yesterday. Rang support. They couldn't do anything to resolve. Now they cannot get anyone to look at it until the 9th of Feb. How is it possible to have a service this bad?
    Is there anything that can be done to resolve this in a reasonable timeframe?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

A2LUE42 wrote: »
    Title says it all really.
    No sound on box since yesterday. Rang support. They couldn't do anything to resolve. Now they cannot get anyone to look at it until the 9th of Feb. How is it possible to have a service this bad?
    Is there anything that can be done to resolve this in a reasonable timeframe?
    Very sorry to hear this A2LUE42

Please PM me your eircom account number and I will request clarification on this for you.

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 11 mcmahonc

Hi There, 

I have the exact same problem and eircom support have been unable to resolve for me. Was this resolved for you? Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Claire

• Registered Users Posts: 2,541 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

mcmahonc wrote: »
    Hi There, 

I have the exact same problem and eircom support have been unable to resolve for me. Was this resolved for you? Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Claire

Resolved by cancelling the service In the end.

Hi There, 

Thanks

Claire

Very sorry to hear that A2LUE42

Al

Hi There, 

Thanks

Claire

Thanks A2LUE42, pity they didn't get this sorted for you. I sorted it myself but I am a bit shocked the technician walked off the job leaving us with a new install and no sound and said we probably needed a new tv.

• Advertisement

For any other users experiencing the same issue.

I actually got this sorted myself, my gut feeling is that either the reset I followed did some magic or there were too many simultaneous connections to the tv in one go or there was a large loss of quality on the scart to hdmi cable, a dodgy scart to hdmi cable or a combination of all. The installation technician had installed a scart to hdmi connection between evision and the tv and this not work, no sound at all. In resetting UPC (scart to scart), the sound did work so I knew my tv was working. In testing my dvd (hdmi-hdmi) also did work. So I reset the evision box and disconnected all cables and started again one by one with all of the appliances.  I reconnected my dvd first of all hdmi-to-hdmi and there was no issues with the sound. I knew then that the HDMI cable was working, I tried this cable on hdmi-hdmi for evision and presto sound was back. I then tried the scart to hdmi cable to see if the cable was faulty and the sound worked but was very muffled, this to me infers loss of quality due to conversion etc. All in all I am working but I am a bit shocked the technician walked off the job leaving us with a new install and no sound and said we probably needed a new tv.

Regards,

Claire

For any other users experiencing the same issue.

I actually got this sorted myself, my gut feeling is that either the reset I followed did some magic or there were too many simultaneous connections to the tv in one go or there was a large loss of quality on the scart to hdmi cable, a dodgy scart to hdmi cable or a combination of all. The installation technician had installed a scart to hdmi connection between evision and the tv and this not work, no sound at all. In resetting UPC (scart to scart), the sound did work so I knew my tv was working. In testing my dvd (hdmi-hdmi) also did work. So I reset the evision box and disconnected all cables and started again one by one with all of the appliances.  I reconnected my dvd first of all hdmi-to-hdmi and there was no issues with the sound. I knew then that the HDMI cable was working, I tried this cable on hdmi-hdmi for evision and presto sound was back. I then tried the scart to hdmi cable to see if the cable was faulty and the sound worked but was very muffled, this to me infers loss of quality due to conversion etc. All in all I am working but I am a bit shocked the technician walked off the job leaving us with a new install and no sound and said we probably needed a new tv.

Regards,

Claire
    Hi mcmahonc

Thank you very much for sharing this and for updating the thread. You're right, the technician should not have left it like that and I sincerely apologise for this. I will ensure your feedback reached management of field operations to help prevent that happening again.

Thanks
    Al

Advertisement