Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

trout fishing in kerry

Options
  • 24-01-2015 5:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭

Hi all.I'm heading to kenmare for a few days from the 16th february and was wondering if there was any fisheries open to do a spot of flyfishing.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭invicta

Check with the Eclypse Center at Blackwater-stocked brownes,if they are open!
    No 'wild' fishing until March 15th round Kenmare(season closed)

• Registered Users Posts: 15 badview

invicta wrote: »
    Check with the Eclypse Center at Blackwater-stocked brownes,if they are open!
    No 'wild' fishing until March 15th round Kenmare(season closed)

Hi lads, has anybody fished this place? Wat have ye made of it??

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭realrebel

badview wrote: »
    Hi lads, has anybody fished this place? Wat have ye made of it??

Fished it once 3 of us but caught nothing but the weather was terrible gale force winds and rain but it did look a good little lake

• Registered Users Posts: 15 badview

realrebel wrote: »
    Fished it once 3 of us but caught nothing but the weather was terrible gale force winds and rain but it did look a good little lake

Thanks for the reply. Just wondering is it very busy there ? Would dere be much activity going on around the lake or is it a quite area??

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭rtc

Thanks for the replies lads.According to their website they are open all year round so I will most likely give it a lash.

• Advertisement

rtc wrote: »
    Thanks for the replies lads.According to their website they are open all year round so I will most likely give it a lash.

No the lake itself would be very quiet it's away from everything
    There was nobody around that day coz of the weather but it does look quiet a good little spot

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

realrebel wrote: »
    No the lake itself would be very quiet it's away from everything
    There was nobody around that day coz of the weather but it does look quiet a good little spot

Is it C&R or is there a bag limit do you remember? The website doesnt say as far as I can see although there is a photo of people with fish.

SeaFields wrote: »
    Is it C&R or is there a bag limit do you remember? The website doesnt say as far as I can see although there is a photo of people with fish.

I think you can keep them alright coz I remember him saying he had a club there for the day and they had loads of fish but it might have changed since I do t know

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭invicta

It IS strictly catch and release!(and always was!)

Advertisement