Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best way to find suppliers

Options
  • 24-01-2015 7:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭

Hi Everyone

I have been a long time reader of this forum and I find it very beneficial reading peoples experiences and ideas.

This year I have decided that I want to dip my toe into a business of sourcing products (from overseas) and sell in UK + Europe (I am based in UK). What I would like to ask is when looking for suppliers whats the best way to go about it.Is it important to visit countries in far east and visit suppliers or you can just find them on internet ?

I do not have a product in mind but I am looking for some niche and unique product. I would be very interested to hear peoples opinions on this.

If anyone else is on same hunt and have some ideas to share I look forward to hearing from you.

Also any constructive input from experienced people here will be very good.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Get googling! If you are near Birmingham pop into Spring Fair next weekend. One of the top shows to go to. Are you going to be solely online or planning a high street shop too? Some suppliers will only supply to people with a physical location.

If you find something niche and unique I would love to hear about it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭delahuntv

definitely the Spring Fair is the place to go if you are into selling anything from a homeware / jewellery / gift /seasonal point of view.

Be warned, it is HUGE, but very well laid out.

You may need 2 /3 days of hard slog.

On Saturday the "volume" hall opens and on Sunday the otehr halls open. It runs til Thursday.

Volume hall is good if you want closeouts / volume / discounted merchandise.

Wear comfortable shoes!

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭2009_

Check out a site called madeinchina

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭AsianIrish

If you want to get into boxing, gaa nd mma gears business, pm me.

Advertisement