Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Internet Drop Out

Options
  • 24-01-2015 8:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭

Good Evening All,

Got a new laptop for xmas, sometimes the internet drops out for no reason only on the laptop not on my tablet/phone, i don't know where to start with trying to ensure it doesn't happen. Any help from anyone would be helpful

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Are all your drivers up to date?

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭doledude86

Hi yeah its a brand new laptop

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

Do a windows update, unless its a mac you have.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

doledude86 wrote: »
    Hi yeah its a brand new laptop

Sure, but if the machine was been sitting in stock for a bit it may still not have the most recent drivers. As above run Windows update (if you're running Windows) or put the service tag into the OEM support page.

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭Polar Ice

Are you connecting via WiFi or using an ethernet cable?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭johnnybmac

5uspect wrote: »
    Sure, but if the machine was been sitting in stock for a bit it may still not have the most recent drivers. As above run Windows update (if you're running Windows) or put the service tag into the OEM support page.

+1

if you can get in to "device manager" and click the little plus sign beside network adapters, it will list what wifi card you have.

Then, go to the vendors website for the latest driver i.e. Atheros, realtek, intel etc... or Google the name and number/version of the card followed by "driver" for whatever OS you have, should lead you to the manufacturers site.

Advertisement