Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Bin Charges

Options
  • 24-01-2015 9:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭A Law

We have panda and they charge an annual rate and a fixed rate per lift. They don't charge by weight. Brown and green bin are free and it think its something like 8.70 for the black bin. Also got the Green star letter and was wondering their pricing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭gaius c

See if Citybin serve your area.
    We find them very reliable and low-cost.
    http://www.citybin.com/cms/

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

We have panda and they charge an annual rate and a fixed rate per lift. They don't charge by weight. Brown and green bin are free and it think its something like 8.70 for the black bin. Also got the Green star letter and was wondering their pricing.

Depends on where you are I think. My in laws are charged by weight by Panda but we have the same system as you. We got the Greenstar leaflet and called up Panda and they halved the annual charge if we stayed with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,423 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I think you will need to phone around. Especially in Dublin City, operators are trying to gain customers in some areas, while shedding them in others.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭jay0109

Dublin Corpo area here, Sth of the Canal.

€195 per year for City Bin, all in.
    €175 per year for Greyhound, all in.
    Neither would go lower unless I could show evidence of a cheaper offer, and then they would just match it.

Thats a big increase on what I paid last year but seems to be where things are at the moment

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,536 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Depends where you are.
    In South dublin they charge. About 65 euro annual fee+ 3.20 per lift + 27 c per kilo

• Registered Users Posts: 3,151 ✭✭✭Dr_Colossus

I'm Dublin 7, Cabra, based and use Allen Waste where it's €3 per bag and €1 per recycling bag. No contract or annual fixed fee so you only pay for what you put out. Very reliable service with collection every Tues if required but I generally only put out 1 refuse and 2 recycling every 5 week period. Refuse bag tags and the recycling bags can be purchased in local butchers.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 WIne Gums

Hi.

I am trying to find the cost of Waste Bin charges for 2015, for Dublin 5
    I am currently with City Bin, and they want €140 "All-in" for 2015 and paid up front.
    I have no problem paying up front.

Is this the cheapest for All-in. ?
    There is no mention anywhere of charges for 2015, or I cannot find them.
    City Bin, Greyhound, & Panda, serve this area.

Many thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭Little Miss Cutie

WIne Gums wrote: »
    Hi.

I am trying to find the cost of Waste Bin charges for 2015, for Dublin 5
    I am currently with City Bin, and they want €140 "All-in" for 2015 and paid up front.
    I have no problem paying up front.

Is this the cheapest for All-in. ?
    There is no mention anywhere of charges for 2015, or I cannot find them.
    City Bin, Greyhound, & Panda, serve this area.

Many thanks.

Really you just need to ring around, Greenstar are openly offering 6 months free and Panda seem to be matching the offer but you have to ring them.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 WIne Gums

Many thanks for your help,

Just found on Greyhound site, that all Waste is to be by weight.

greyhound.ie/household-waste-collection-tackling-below-cost-selling/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭cheif kaiser

I know this thread is a little old but am wondering if anyone else signed up for the City Bin deal of €140 for 2015?

I signed up for this deal and stupidly paid online and did not check my credit card to make sure only €140 was taken and now that my contract is up for renewal, they have just informed me that the deal I got last year was €193 - 2 months and they did in fact charge my credit card €170. I know for a fact that the deal I picked was €140 as a neighbour recommended it to me but they are denying this even existed in 2015?

If I signed up for €140 but was subsequently put onto a different deal and charged €170, you can be sure this has happened to others.

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭cheif kaiser

I know this thread is a little old but am wondering if anyone else signed up for the City Bin deal of €140 for 2015?

I signed up for this deal and stupidly paid online and did not check my credit card to make sure only €140 was taken and now that my contract is up for renewal, they have just informed me that the deal I got last year was €193 - 2 months and they did in fact charge my credit card €170. I know for a fact that the deal I picked was €140 as a neighbour recommended it to me but they are denying this even existed in 2015?

If I signed up for €140 but was subsequently put onto a different deal and charged €170, you can be sure this has happened to others.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

I think i pay 5 approx per month,
    green bin lift is free,
    then its 7 euro approx per lift of the rubbish bin.
    ie after 7 euro they charge for each rubbish bin i leave out.
    i might leave 1 bin out every 3 weeks,
    1green bin out every 2 weeks .
    i,m with a dublin company , not sure which one .

Advertisement