Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cancel WH visa?

Options
  • 24-01-2015 10:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭

Hey All,

So I was successful in gaining my WH visa last year and was all ready to go this March. Due to personal reasons (which I won't get into here), I can no longer make the move either in March or any time before the entry deadline. So I have two questions to ask the boards as people have no doubt been in this situation before.

1.) Can I cancel the visa so that someone who was unlucky last year can avail of my place?

2.) Can I apply in the future if I have not used this visa?

I would appreciate any advice people may have on this...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭circular flexing

Not sure if you can cancel or not and in case I think they have stopped processing applications for 2014.

You are only allowed one participation and even if you don't use the visa, that counts as a participation so you won't be able to get another one unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭billyduk

Not sure if you can cancel or not and in case I think they have stopped processing applications for 2014.

You are only allowed one participation and even if you don't use the visa, that counts as a participation so you won't be able to get another one unfortunately.

Bummer! Ah well... I'll have to find a new adventure so :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭JohnMearsheimer

Can you fly over for a day or two to activate the visa? Once you do that the visa is good for two years. You could come and take care of whatever needs taking care and go back out when that's done.

Advertisement