Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Working during Leaving Cert (for quick money)

• 25-01-2015 12:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 28

Hi,

Is there any way to work hard to earn some money?. Not a lot of money is required, but like I am ready to work hard at whatever it is. Whether its mining or whatever... short term.

thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 430 ✭✭emersyn

Just leave CVs into every business you can think of and hope. It's pretty much impossible that you will get anything that pays over the minimum wage (providing you get any job at all) but it's better than nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭RoRo979

fix phones, looks hard, follow video on youtube, easy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 877 ✭✭✭Magnate

RoRo979 wrote: »
    fix phones, looks hard, follow video on youtube, easy

Yeah Id recommend stuff like this. It pays a lot better than minimum wage and you have more freedom to work your own hours and whatnot.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 fungi_forest

Magnate wrote: »
    Yeah Id recommend stuff like this. It pays a lot better than minimum wage and you have more freedom to work your own hours and whatnot.

is there like any psychical work with no contract?.

as in, I don't mind what it is, once it pays decent enough for the work done.

example: mining,etc. I'm not even strong but will do all I can...

and of course no contract...

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭RoRo979

unless you can work in a vegetable shop lifting in boxes etc, mining in LC with no contract, unlikely imo. Im also in LC and being in school is perfect as everyone has phones and are likely to break them. Good profit margin around 10-40 euro per repair and never takes more than an hour. Odds are you will also hold a monopoly in your school and people from all years will come to you as they trust you, sure even teachers come to me to get their phone done

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

I fix phones myself in leaving cert, its pretty simple to be honest, money is decent out of it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭maxwell smart

Mining? Are you serious? Fairly random choice and not too much of it going around, unless you wanted to go to Australia and mine for opals?

You would need to do an intensive safety induction course, which would be expensive for the company to provide. So they would definitely want you to have signed a contract.

Advertisement