Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pulling off

• 25-01-2015 12:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭

Hi I have my test on Thursday and just wondering, when pulling off from a kerb do I need to look over my shoulder or will a look in all mirrors do!???

I don't wanna be doing stupid stuff or leave out important stuff!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Yes you need to check your blind spot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Mad4simmental

Mwah wrote: »
    Hi I have my test on Thursday and just wondering, when pulling off from a kerb do I need to look over my shoulder or will a look in all mirrors do!???

I don't wanna be doing stupid stuff or leave out important stuff!!

Always look over your shoulder "blind spot" when pulling out into traffic, changing lanes or at a round about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,085 ✭✭✭Rubberchikken

I don't know if theres an 'official' way, over 20 years since i sat my test but i always look over my shoulder myself to be certain and encouragey daughter who's learning at the moment to do the same.

Mirrors are great but you can't beat looking around to be sure.

Best of luck with the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

check you're blind spot always

good luck in you're test :)

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Mwah

Hi, thanks everyone. I always check over my shoulder but read on here about people getting marked for looking to much In mirrors so got a little worried and wanted to check!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 429 ✭✭Craftylee

When setting off from a stationary position do a full over the shoulder blind spot check as well as mirrors, the testers will be watching for this, it's a simple way to avoid marks on your test. When changing lanes, a quick glance out the drivers window towards your shoulder is what they want - don't do a full shoulder check while driving, you take your eyes of the road for too long in this case.

Advertisement