Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New French and Thai Restaurant/Takeaway in Mullinavat...

Options
  • 25-01-2015 10:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,211 ✭✭✭

Is it open yet?

Anyone been?

Strange combination but a good Thai takeaway would be great.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭lassykk

Don't think it's open just yet. It definitely is a strange combination!

Hope it does well but not sure the Rising Sun does a roaring trade for food as it is

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Fugs!!

The enchanted kitchen... Not a great name but, I'm looking forward to it as I only live 4 miles away, but I agree that the rising Sun is not going great even though I like the food there.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,211 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

I think what's even stranger is that there's a B&B going in above it!

Always thought the Rising Sun had a bit of an odd layout, not quite a pub but not quite a restaurant... still the food is grand there.

Anyone been to The Thatch further along the road in the last few weeks? It's reinvented itself as a type of cafe. Looks nice, hope it does well.

The thatch is lovely now with great food but closes early.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13 farmer john8

open today sunday i wish it well and hope it will be successfull

• Advertisement

open today sunday i wish it well and hope it will be successfull

Will have to give it a go soon, anyone tried it yet?

From what I've heard the service is terrible. Typical Irish. Some saying food is great but others saying it's awfully.

The rising Sun is up for sale also.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,414 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Fugs!! wrote: »
    From what I've heard the service is terrible. Typical Irish. Some saying food is great but others saying it's awfully.

The rising Sun is up for sale also.

Since the M9 bypassed Mullinavat I'd say their business nosedived, compounded by the recession. Too close to Waterford for their old clientele to bother stopping off.

Got a takeaway from here tonight and thought it was very nice.

€12/€13 for a curry is very pricey though.

The staff seem new to this kind of thing but the guy that served me was sound and chatty. Takeaway menu was limited, maybe just a few teething issues starting off.

Will deffo get takeaway here again and the restaurant looked very nice as well so will give that a shot too.

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭hurler on de ditch

won't be doing that again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Bingalong

Was here last weekend great service lovely food

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Bingalong

won't be doing that again
    Why?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Trish56

I have been twice and found the food to be delicious and the décor is out of this world. Service could be improved such as offering you the wine/drinks menu when you arrive and giving you the option to taste before pouring.

Initially I found it to be a little expensive however the quality of the food more than makes up for it. They have now introduced a value menu during week nights of €20 for a two course meal plus a glass of wine.

Definitely the nicest Thai food I've ever tasted and well worth a visit.

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭hurler on de ditch

Bingalong wrote: »
    Why?
    fifteen euro for a take~away curry and chips

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭Mankbag

Very different kind of takeaway in Mullinavat yesterday, I note.

On a different subject, this place has been very quiet lately. Is everyone on holidays?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Yea :D

fifteen euro for a take~away curry and chips

It is expensive alright but the food is top notch.

If they had opened in either Kilkenny or Waterford they would have cleaned up, would love to know why they chose to open in Mullinavat (no offence meant to Mullinavatians).

Advertisement