Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Top Gear S22 Episode 1 (25th January)

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭MarkAnthony

Couldn't work out why they had the Texan flag on but Chillie makes sense. Just went to check it again on the Sky+ but I'll take people's word for it they had the right badge on! :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,620 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

Couldn't work out why they had the Texan flag on but Chillie makes sense. Just went to check it again on the Sky+ but I'll take people's word for it they had the right badge on! :)

The clue was in Clarkson's "apology" :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,797 ✭✭✭lertsnim

That was an interesting interview with Ed Sheeran. I can't believe that he has never driven a car for real until he did his lap.

He is also an incredibly generous young man even though I am not a fan of his music. Hope he has a great career for his future.

I'm going to send him my CV. I do like to talk about how I always wanted a helicopter at work.

Shearen will be in that business for the rest of his life. He also writes songs for people like One Direction, Beyonce, Rhianna etc so $$$$$$ a plenty from that alone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

mickdw wrote: »
    Isn't that an identical challenge to the London one a few years back.
    Richard was on bike, may in a car, stig in the train and Clarkson doing his 'power' this on the water.
    They must really be out of ideas.
    That was the point, the car lost last time so they had to redo it.

Can hamond make it through an episode without crashing something? They should start compiling a list of everything his crashed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭*Kol*

ScumLord wrote: »
    That was the point, the car lost last time so they had to redo it.

Can hamond make it through an episode without crashing something? They should start compiling a list of everything his crashed.

It was funny to see him go on his snot though. Lucky he wasn't run over.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

Hilarious, even though the finish of the race was very obviously scripted.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,493 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Didn't enterain as much as the London version.

Clarkson - power! Poor Stig.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

I thought it was solid, but the star in a reasonably priced car killed it and made me just want to switch it off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 811 ✭✭✭EB_2013

It wasn't too bad of an episode. I didn't think it was as good as the London race though. Don't think much of St. Petersburg, it looks to be just full of roads. Apart from the Palace Hammond cycled passed there wasn't much else to see.

Also first time in a while I've sat through Star In A Reasonably Priced Car without fast-forwarding. Probably down to the fact that Ed Sheeran never drove before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭*Kol*

IvySlayer wrote: »
    I thought it was solid, but the star in a reasonably priced car killed it and made me just want to switch it off.

Was mentioned earlier I also use it as tea making time unless its recorded its gets the fast forward treatment.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭MarkAnthony

*Kol* wrote: »
    Was mentioned earlier I also use it as tea making time unless its recorded its gets the fast forward treatment.

Definitely the weakest part of the show and way too long at this stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

how-to-fly-the-chilean-flag.gif

To erase all doubt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

thelad95 wrote: »
    Hilarious, even though the finish of the race was very obviously scripted.

for once i don't think it was, you could see that Hammond was genuinely knackered at the end and from his headcam you could see Clarkson running up the steps, so this race was genuine i think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

fryup wrote: »
    for once i don't think it was, you could see that Hammond was genuinely knackered at the end and from his headcam you could see Clarkson running up the steps, so this race was genuine i think

Yes but the Stig part was obviouly scripted in meaning it was only really a 3 person race.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

^^^^^^^^^^^^

yes of course, that goes without saying

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

This post has been deleted.

Be carefull, it's in place of the chat show Clarkson tried out when Top Gear wound down the first time.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,493 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

I liked the mine bit, would have liked May to have a go, though. Kiefer was fun. Ending was impressive for scale, I guess. Kiefer was fun. Ending was impressive for scale, I guess. Braking test was interesting.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,620 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

Be carefull, it's in place of the chat show Clarkson tried out when Top Gear wound down the first time.

That wasn't even a half bad show. They should bring back the bit where clarkson was putting random sh*t into a microwave to see what would happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,477 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I thought that chat show was great at the time!

Using Hoover to siphon petrol etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 635 ✭✭✭MillField

Just getting around to watching this tonight. Good start to the series!

Advertisement