Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

thread not opening on new post

Options
  • 25-01-2015 12:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 48,235 ✭✭✭✭

hi
    last few weeks when a new page is opened on this thread http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2055579971/299/#post93991047 I am not brought to new post and can't see any posts on new page.
    for example that link will bring you to the forecast from 3 days ago I can't see any of the last 3
    it happens every time a new page is started. I think I posted and then deleted on the thread last time to kick start it.
    its the only thread this is happening on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,840 ✭✭✭Dav

The link you've supplied is to a specific post within that thread, so it should only ever open on that post. You can tell by the #post{number} in the address

The link you want is http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055579971&goto=newpost which will bring you to the latest unread post for you each time. That "&goto=newpost" is what will bring you to the latest unread.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,235 ✭✭✭✭km79

thread has now moved onto new page and its happening again
    new post 18 minutes ago
    clicked on the new post/18 minutes ago as per usual and brought me to the page before new post http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2055579971/300/#post94118160

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

This has been happening me on the touch site for the past few weeks (or longer) as well. I can't view a new page in a thread unless there are at least two posts on it. If there is only one post on a new page, it brings me to the previous page and I don't have the option of moving to the next page. But when I go back to my CP it still shows that there are unread posts. It's only when second and subsequent posts appear on the new page that the touch site lets me view that page.

I'm using iPhone 5C iOS 7 something..

This has been happening me on the touch site for the past few weeks (or longer) as well. I can't view a new page in a thread unless there are at least two posts on it. If there is only one post on a new page, it brings me to the previous page and I don't have the option of moving to the next page. But when I go back to my CP it still shows that there are unread posts. It's only when second and subsequent posts appear on the new page that the touch site lets me view that page.

I'm using iPhone 5C iOS 7 something..

its happening to me on both nexus 7 and iPhone 4 and takes more than 2 new posts for new page to show which is annoying as its a weather forecast so only one post a day usually on it
    does not happen on any other thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

This is happening to me as well on HTC One M8 and Nexus 7. Both are lollipop and chrome. The nexus 7 also has an issue where the view thanks link is nearly impossible to press. It's like calibration is off and you either hit reply or person belows profile.

• Advertisement

an update
    I posted on the thread just there so see if that will kickstart it. it still won't let me view new page including my own post.
    The thread is displaying the last post as being by me BUT when I go into my profile to view all my posts it is also not there and I need go delete it!!!

new page
    same problem again

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Bump.

This is still happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,757 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

It used happen to me before and the site devs identified the problem as being any time I thanked a post in a thread twice by accident (sometimes I thought I'd thanked a post and it didn't show up).

It's user profile specific rather than any device or browser specific.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement