Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help updating to a GPU

Options
  • 25-01-2015 12:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭

Morning Folks

Im looking to upgrade my Current Mechine to a Dedicated GPU and am looking for a bit of advice please

My budget would be 200 -300 (closer to 200 if possible)

The update will be for multi camera video editing and rendering

Thanks in advance

So my PC specs as as follows

DMI Processor
    manufacturer AMD
    model AMD A8-5600K APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics
    clock speed 3600.0 MHz
    FSB speed 100.0 MHz
    multiplier 36.0x

Mainboard Model
    FM2A75 Pro4 (0x000002F7 - 0x6A155EC0)

Corsair 16GB PC3-128 (upgradable to 32GB)

Graphic Interface PCI-Express
    PCI-E Link Width x0
    PCI-E Max Link Width x0

Power Supply
    Corsair CX430

Full size tower

Thanks

Omega

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭omega42

Any help folks, its just after taking me 13 hours to render 14 3 min videos.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Your processor is a pretty poor one for CPU intensive tasks like anything beyond casual editing.

A good combo would be an i5 processor and H81 motherboard, and something like a GTX750 if whatever you're using uses the GPU for 3d rendering. That would come to about 300 euro in total.

You'd also have the re-sale price from that AMD board and cpu. That may allow you to swap the i5 for a Xeon 1230, which is essentially a cheap i7 and excellent for editing and rendering.

On your current machine a new card would improve things with programs that utilize the GPU but overall you'll never really be satisfied with it for those sort of uses.

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭omega42

Thanks for your help

Thats a bit pricey for me at the moment

How much of a boost do you think I would get just by putting in the GTX750 for now and maybe upgrading the rest at a later date?

Your processor is a pretty poor one for CPU intensive tasks like anything beyond casual editing.

A good combo would be an i5 processor and H81 motherboard, and something like a GTX750 if whatever you're using uses the GPU for 3d rendering. That would come to about 300 euro in total.

You'd also have the re-sale price from that AMD board and cpu. That may allow you to swap the i5 for a Xeon 1230, which is essentially a cheap i7 and excellent for editing and rendering.

On your current machine a new card would improve things with programs that utilize the GPU but overall you'll never really be satisfied with it for those sort of uses.

Advertisement