Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Angling Show in Swords ????

Options
  • 25-01-2015 2:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭

Anyone any info if this is on this year, can't find anything on-line or the show in City West.

Cheers Joe

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Angling Show 2015 will be held on 21st & 22nd , February at the National Show Centre.

They have details on Facebook.

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭gumbo1

The city West one is nearer the end of the year! The show centre this year is looking set to be the biggest yet! Search for mara media, their the organisers!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭twin_beacon

I thought It was the week earlier! Normally is in valentines weekend.
    I'll be going, but like last year it will be mainly for the talks than to buy tackle.
    Not nearly as much "high end" coarse/pike gear at the show than there used to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭popsy09

I thought It was the week earlier! Normally is in valentines weekend.
    I'll be going, but like last year it will be mainly for the talks than to buy tackle.
    Not nearly as much "high end" coarse/pike gear at the show than there used to be.

I have never been to the show , is it worth a drive up from cork ?? I'd be only interested in salmon gear and maybe a jacket / few tops etc

• Registered Users Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Kat1170

popsy09 wrote: »
    I have never been to the show , is it worth a drive up from cork ?? I'd be only interested in salmon gear and maybe a jacket / few tops etc

Admittedly I'm a good bit nearer than you but every year myself and some friends go to it. We treat it as a yearly get together/fun day out. If we buy anything we just treat it as an extra to an enjoyable day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,735 ✭✭✭Bogwoppit

I got a climb8 jacket at a serious discount last year.

if your a salmon angler, it probably is. I was first at the show in the early 2000s, then didn't go back again until around 3-4 years ago. I remember there being a log more coarse/pike/carp gear at the show 10 years ago, but a lot more game stands. even if you don't buy anything its a good day out. I end up bumping into a lot of guys I might only see once a year. The talks are pretty good.

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭popsy09

if your a salmon angler, it probably is. I was first at the show in the early 2000s, then didn't go back again until around 3-4 years ago. I remember there being a log more coarse/pike/carp gear at the show 10 years ago, but a lot more game stands. even if you don't buy anything its a good day out. I end up bumping into a lot of guys I might only see once a year. The talks are pretty good.

Good stuff thanks lads , I'll book it in the diary :)

10369702_874300642602314_7232720172269995092_n.jpg?oh=4398b2035400976fded9e53277710b5d&oe=555629D3

1779991_874300752602303_5156323804764426504_n.jpg?oh=7fd2a44d8c818f83ce9a7183a36a9e97&oe=556317EC&__gda__=1428674953_dcbffebdadbd9a6cca2f3c1e180d76de

I didnt know Jan Porter was going to be there, I assume he will be giving a talk. should be good.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Donalh

Ive been at this for the last 2 years. A lot of UK shops shamelessly shifting last seasons stock to the Paddy's. No real value to be had if you ask me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭bpmurray

Donalh wrote: »
    Ive been at this for the last 2 years. A lot of UK shops shamelessly shifting last seasons stock to the Paddy's. No real value to be had if you ask me.

Yep - basically you pay €10 to get into a shop. However, I meet up with old friends at it, and we plan trips, etc.

if you attend the talks, the €10 fee can be worth it for that alone. Also I usually bump into people that I don't see on the bank that often. I might go on sunday, if I have time. I hope to be on the river bank on saturday with my feeder rod :)

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Slasher

it doesn't say what time the talks are on, does it? I can't see that anywhere on the FB page.

Talks go on throughout the day. Most of the speakers do multiple talks :)

Advertisement