Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

*** Match Thread*** Tuesday 27th Jan Vs Cork Exiles 8pm Colm

• 25-01-2015 3:08pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,670 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Havent played Cork yet, always a tough physical game but we're on a good run, we should be settling for no less than 3 points.

Cathal - In
    Ciaran -
    Damo - In
    Darren - In
    Derek McL - In
    Ed -
    Jules - In
    Keith - In
    SteK - Out
    SteMcd - In
    Dave - In
    Calvin - In
    Kieran - In

Al - In
    Jack -

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

Lads i'm back and fit (relatively). Let me know if you need a player at any stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭mrDerek

Tentatively in for now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭allybhoy

In

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭SteMcD1

in

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Keaner

Sorry i cant make it, replied back yes but I was just reminded its my brothers 21st and for some reason thats family dinner worthy! Good luck with the match lads!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,670 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Havent played Cork yet, always a tough physical game but we're on a good run, we should be settling for no less than 3 points.

Cathal - In
    Ciaran -
    Damo - In
    Darren - In
    Derek McL - In
    Ed - In

Jules - In
    Keith - In
    SteK - Out
    SteMcd - In
    Dave - In
    Calvin - In
    Kieran - In

Al - In
    Jack - In
    Heggo - in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

I'd be very surprised if This game is won by more than 1 goal, these lads have only conceded 13 goals but have only scored 10. It will be an extremely tight game and we need to be patient and take our chances when they come. They will be very compact, play on the break and prob will have 5 across midfield with a back 4 that will be strong.

If we match them in the physical battles, keep solid at the back, we will win but it's going to be tight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

5-4 win.

A good win though the 4 goals conceded put a damper on it for me at least since they have only scored 10 or something all season which doesn't reflect well on us two bad mistakes in the second half could have cost us but luckily Calvin and heggo did well to give us that 5th

good win, very good going forward and apart from a crazy 10 Min spell in which 6 goals were scored, it was a fairly tight game. We looked comfortable for the entire game to be honest though and were full value for the win. Let's not forget their last goal came in the last 10 seconds.
    mrDerek wrote: »
    A good win though the 4 goals conceded put a damper on it for me at least since they have only scored 10 or something all season which doesn't reflect well on us two bad mistakes in the second half could have cost us but luckily Calvin and heggo did well to give us that 5th

You can be sure that lad up front ( he scored 3 and it was him that hit the post for the 4th) has played very little this season, he is a former GAA team mate of mine and its about 3 years since I've seen him play for them.

He was as clynical as any player we have played against. It's true we made mistakes for all 4 goals but his finishing was sensational especially the first and 3rd goals (tho Murtagh is claiming the first one!!!!). in saying that we were punished for every mistake and if it happens next week, we will be crucified against Dwyers Who also have a top class goal scorer every bit as good as that lad tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭murtagh

relieved to get the win, but we were sloppy for at least 3 of their 4.
    The first may have gone off me, im not sure. we were both swinging at the ball and we both got something on it. felt an impact on the side of my knee which might have been the ball.
    The other 3 were gifts tho. Not doing the simple things right.

When we did get the ball down and pass it around we looked very good on the offensive though. We had more shots than them and lots of crosses that just didnt find a man... thats a very encouraging sign against one of the best defenses in the league

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Keaner

Well done lads!

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭kmcattack

Good win lads, some real quality goals particularly the first couple! Definitely too sloppy at the back but having said that, their striker took a couple of his goals very well from half chances.

Felt something go in my back in the first half and couldn't move well for the rest of the game, woke up this morning and can literally barely move and am walking around like a hunchback! I just hope this pain is only temporary or I won't be playing for a while!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

welcome to boards, we do injuries well. We're like the man united of astro.ie mostly playing with a crippled team, you'll be grand.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Though there were some soft goals conceded - and their second was an excellent individual goal, I thought otherwise excellently defended to be honest, they didn't get much chance, particularly at 4-3. It was also noticeably stronger wind in their favour in the second half.

I also have done something to my back and can barely move...it must be contagious.

It would appear the website has ommitted about 7 of my goals haha Iv only 3 now apparantly

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭yes there

And all of mine now. I dont have any.

yeah, you disappeared off the squad list and all for some reason.

Also, they "lock" games after 2 weeks so I'm unable to make changes to the Scorers for games more than 2 weeks old. You have 11 goals by my count

2 v Bowser
    1 v Dell
    3 v EweTuppers
    1 v ODwyers
    1 v Dell
    1 v Full Irish
    2 v Cork

Making you 2nd top scorer (another guy has 14)

I don't always get to update the website (it's me who has to go and update the score & scorers after each game, and sometimes when I get home I don't turn on my computer, then get busy in work the next day etc etc).
    yes there wrote: »
    And all of mine now. I dont have any.

You have 3

Dell
    EweTuppers
    Dargle

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭Mousewar

You score too many Derek. Poor Des can't keep up!

Lol your man Prob thinks he has it wrapped up another hat trick and a website update and heel be thinking I got 11 in one game :P
    That or des is just giving me goals to **** with him :P

• Advertisement

did you get a touch on Darren's cross ;)

Of course it might have looked like an own goal but it was actually a discreet finish by myself

1112.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭yes there

I had 5 before me and Derek's got deleted. Remember getting 2 in a game Des, maybe the first or second game we had.

Oops yes, you scored 2 in the first game vs Real Punters.

so 5

Advertisement