Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it still required to install your os on a second partition?

Options
  • 25-01-2015 3:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭

What are the chances of corruption?

The last time I did this I had a limited by space SSD which caused me issues with having enough space on the system partition.

I'm just wondering is it worth the potential headache to do it? Assuming you have your stuff backed up....

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Lu Tze

euser1984 wrote: »
    What are the chances of corruption?

The last time I did this I had a limited by space SSD which caused me issues with having enough space on the system partition.

I'm just wondering is it worth the potential headache to do it? Assuming you have your stuff backed up....

Thanks.

Was it ever required? if you only have space for one disk then i guess it would have benefits if you need to reinstall etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

I always have the os on a seperate partition.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭euser1984

Lu Tze wrote: »
    Was it ever required? if you only have space for one disk then i guess it would have benefits if you need to reinstall etc.

Reading my post now I see that "realise" was the wrong word to use actually.

True about the benefits.....I suppose a backup of important stuff would render the second partition issue as invalid for me for the sake of convenience. Especially with USB3 and faster upload to cloud available now....

Advertisement