Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC Fight Night 73 - Glasgow - 18/07/15

Options
167891012»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Feckthis

How many fights in is paddys fight?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭JustTheOne

Watching boxing here how come they never get knocked out as much in boxing as mma?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,433 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

Duffy got $50k for his sub.
    Delighted for him and I can't wait to see him fight again. He's a dead cert for the Dublin card.

Other bonus went to Steven Ray.

Fotn went to Calderwood & Casey.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭Saipanne

JustTheOne wrote: »
    Watching boxing here how come they never get knocked out as much in boxing as mma?

Bigger gloves spreads the impact?

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭kingcharles82

Bold prediction I can see Duffy being a title contender within the next 12 months!!!! He is so good it's unreal,nothing seems to bother him and an all round decent guy!great win tonight and hopefully get him on the main card Dublin,could he headline?or is Gunnar going to be the headliner

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,788 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Saipanne wrote: »
    Bigger gloves spreads the impact?

10oz gloves V 4oz

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Wow what an escape there. Impressive!

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭johnpro

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Wow what an escape there. Impressive!

From Pearson? I thought his arm was going to snap!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

johnpro wrote: »
    From Pearson? I thought his arm was going to snap!

Yeah crazy haha. Watched it over again, the agony on his face! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭johnpro

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Yeah crazy haha. Watched it over again, the agony on his face! :eek:

Yeah some guts to fight out if it!! He just had no answer for the grappling which is a shame cause I like Pearson but he seems like one of those guys who'll just alternate wins and losses

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Had Bisping losing that on points

• Registered Users Posts: 39,250 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

tinpib wrote: »
    Paddy didn't quite lock in the balls-on-face submission move just there.

The triangle?
    In all serious yer man the B team Joe Rogan says ' you really had to dig deep there...'

That would be Brian Stann.

...but you knew all that already. Don't try as hard in future;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,490 ✭✭✭tinpib

Mellor wrote: »
    The triangle?

That would be Brian Stann.

...but you knew all that already. Don't try as hard in future;)

That was effortless. God I'd be insufferably brilliant if I actually did try.

I've moved onto the Orb's 'a Huge evergrowing...' Orbital dance mix if anyone is keeping score.

Rewatched Lawler/MacDonald and McGregor again just before that. Jaysus it felt like a landmark.

When Conor wriggles out and stands up at 0:38 secs left in round 2 and nods at Mendes. I felt like it was a nod of 'well done mate,.... but now you're fcked..'

He kicks him straightaway.

Great to watch.

That was effortless. God I'd be insufferably brilliant if I actually did try.

I've moved onto the Orb's 'a Huge evergrowing...' Orbital dance mix if anyone is keeping score.

Rewatched Lawler/MacDonald and McGregor again just before that. Jaysus it felt like a landmark.

When Conor wriggles out and stands up at 0:38 secs left in round 2 and nods at Mendes. I felt like it was a nod of 'well done mate,.... but now you're fcked..'

He kicks him straightaway.

Great to watch.

Have to admire the cut of your jib

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Feckthis

For some reason they didn't show paddy hooligans fight on bt sports last night:(. Anyone have a link that I can see it. Even just highlights

• Registered Users Posts: 17,547 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Feckthis wrote: »
    For some reason they didn't show paddy hooligans fight on bt sports last night:(. Anyone have a link that I can see it. Even just highlights

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Funny to see bisping demanding title shot he has been on verge of it twice at least twice but keeps falling at last hurdle.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Beersmith

dave1982 wrote: »
    Funny to see bisping demanding title shot he has been on verge of it twice at least twice but keeps falling at last hurdle.
    Well isn't his point he has been screwed out of it by cheats

Beersmith wrote: »
    Well isn't his point he has been screwed out of it by cheats
    Was the trt not pre approved by commission, it was no secret hendo and belfort were using it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭CurryFlavoured

I do feel bad for him but he hasn't a hope now, MW is too stacked. His dodgiest loss was v Sonnen, he was juiced to the gills and Mike actually won 29-28 IMO. He was never winning that with Silva-Sonnen 2 on the horizon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭dancingchicken

dave1982 wrote:
    Was the trt not pre approved by commission, it was no secret hendo and belfort were using it?

Using hormones to gain an advantage over the competition is cheating in my opinion. No way did those two legitimately have low testosterone.

Using hormones to gain an advantage over the competition is cheating in my opinion. No way did those two legitimately have low testosterone.

My point is he accepted fight from fighters using TRT, in my opinion you can't claim unfair advantage when you lose. If he had won I'm sure be gloating he beat them even though they were using TRT.

Not 100% sure if he knew but it was no secret they were using TRT that had been approved. Also their levels of TRT were within the commissions guidelines afaik

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Beersmith

My point is he accepted fight from fighters using TRT, in my opinion you can't claim unfair advantage when you lose. If he had won I'm sure be gloating he beat them even though they were using TRT.

Not 100% sure if he knew but it was no secret they were using TRT that had been approved. Also their levels of TRT were within the commissions guidelines afaik

I dont see a problem gloating/moaning they were using trt as they were and it is cheating no matter if it was allowed or not.

Nope

• Registered Users Posts: 23,851 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

mailburner wrote: »
    serious shortage of contenders sadly, thank the lord its not bader even reshad
    maybe when osp beats tex we might have another contender

easy night for dc also imo

think I might be wrong on this
    being mauled by rumble probably counts for nothing here, just a case of me
    getting carried away

he probably has a fair chance of beating cormier if it stays standing at least

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭Petermc83

Came back from Glasgow last night, very enjoyable mixture of fights.
    Plenty of 1st round finishes helped with the athmosphere. The scots were good craic...but nowhere near as loud as the irish were for last years Dublin event.

Redser looked out of his depth but hppefully will have 1more fight to prove his worth next time out.
    Paddy was a legend, delighted he won. We met him in the airport coming home last night and he is so genuine and sound to talk to.
    he even got a mention on the announce mic by the stewardess on the flight back. We all gave him a big cheer!
    Duffy looks so smooth and calculated.. Very impressed. Looking forward to see him move up the rankings now and fight someone in the top15.. the future is bright..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Petermc83 wrote: »
    Came back from Glasgow last night, very enjoyable mixture of fights.

I was on that flight too. An extremely long day waiting to get home but a fantastic weekend and getting a few pictures with Paddy and Ais Daly topped it off. They couldn't have been any more accommodating, likewise Joe Duffy who we met in a Wetherspoons getting breakfast on Sunday morning believe it or not. Very decent people all of them. Pity I didn't know at the time that he had won a $50,000 bonus! :pac:

Whiteford's entrance was the highlight of the night for me (apart from Paddy of course). You could see on the screen he was almost in tears just walking in and all the Scots singing Flower of Scotland was fantastic. A shame his win had to come against Redser though.

I'm going to watch the fights back now but what's the overall consensus of the event from those that watched on TV in terms of atmosphere, standard of fights etc? I scored the main event to Leites and was genuinely surprised with The Count got the nod from the judges so I'm looking forward to watching that one back.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Paully D wrote: »
    I'm going to watch the fights back now but what's the overall consensus of the event from those that watched on TV in terms of atmosphere, standard of fights etc? I scored the main event to Leites and was genuinely surprised with The Count got the nod from the judges so I'm looking forward to watching that one back.

Watched it back and I'm sticking with my 49-46 Leites verdict from fight night. 48-47 Leites I accept either but, despite being glad he won, no way did Bisping do enough to win it IMO. Mark Collett who gave it 49-46 to Bisping must have been on drugs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement