Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC Fight Night 73 - Glasgow - 18/07/15

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭fermanagh_man

Paully D wrote: »
    9 fights confirmed, got to be looking at another 2 if not 3 surely? Most cards these days seem to have 12 fights unless injuries strike. Any thoughts on who might be added?

To soon for Norman Parke and Darren Till after fighting last weekend?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,250 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

DrPhilG wrote: »
    I'm just unsure why it would be at that time.

Doors usually open around half 4 or 5 with the first fight half 5 or 6.

Preliks starting 3 hours early makes no sense. If they wanted to start at a different time I thought it would be later to suit the US times but this wouldn't.

Would be terribly rude of me to suggest that they're scared of the Scottish getting plshed if it's on in the evening? Lol
    The website is typical Main car times. The venue site says the doors open at 2pm. So 3-6pm prelims makes sense, with 6-9pm main card.
    http://www.thessehydro.com/events/ufc-16213.aspx

Most likely it’s a licensing restriction.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,287 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Suits me great. I'm going with a friend and our wives. The girls won't be going to the fights so an early start means we can still do something that evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

My tickets arrived today. Getting excited now! :D

Marcus Brimage v Ian Entwistle added. That takes us to 12 fights and most likely will be the complete card.

ee89727843c4b6400162deb20fdfcf4c.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭ItsAnEasyGame

Marcus Brimage v Ian Entwistle added. That takes us to 12 fights and most likely will be the complete card.

ee89727843c4b6400162deb20fdfcf4c.png

Bizarre how Duffy is on the main whilst Paddy is on the preliminary?

I'm not at all sure if that order has been confirmed, I just ripped it from Wiki.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭Ian Whelan

Entwistle is out, Lobov is looking for the fight, if he does not get it then he must be completely off the UFC's radar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,970 ✭✭✭Lenin Skynard

Ian Whelan wrote: »
    Entwistle is out, Lobov is looking for the fight, if he does not get it then he must be completely off the UFC's radar.

Brimage fights at bantamweight though. I doubt they'd want him to take the fight at featherweight. Damien Rooney would be a good replacement there perhaps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Tobyglen

Duffy is a star in the making and could potentially challenge at world title level. Paddy won't get to that level.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,366 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Tobyglen wrote: »
    Duffy is a star in the making and could potentially challenge at world title level. Paddy won't get to that level.

Agreed Paddy's highlight reel prior to UFC isn't as good as Duffy's who holds a win over an obvious bright star (McGregor) and Paddy's performance in Canada was terrible too Duffy hasn't had that no brainer really.

All the excitement to carry onto this. The lead up to McGregor fight almost made me forget about this card.

Have we a start time confirmed for this yet?

Have we a start time confirmed for this yet?

UFC.com just have main card at 1PM ET (so 6pm our time). Ticketmaster and SSE Hydro have 2pm. I'd presume that would mean doors open at 2pm, first fight at 3pm, but I'm sure we'll get confirmation during the week.

You're a busy man, Phil. Vegas to Glasgow in the space of a week! :)

Looks like we have the times now as the UFC.com site has the below posted:

6ef2aba71210dece652e61e4e64c86b2.png

3pm GMT for the Fight Pass prelims, 4pm GMT for Fox Sports prelims and 6pm GMT for the main card.

More time for going out on the piss that night I suppose. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Looks like we have the times now as the UFC.com site has the below posted:

6ef2aba71210dece652e61e4e64c86b2.png

3pm GMT for the Fight Pass prelims, 4pm GMT for Fox Sports prelims and 6pm GMT for the main card.

More time for going out on the piss that night I suppose. :pac:
    Disappointing not to see Holohan on the main card esp. considering Duffy is after one fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,956 ✭✭✭cletus

does anybody know if Pick TV will be showing this as a European card, or is it Fight Pass only

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

cletus wrote: »
    does anybody know if Pick TV will be showing this as a European card, or is it Fight Pass only

I doubt it. BT are showing the main card at 9PM Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

nocoverart wrote: »
    I doubt it. BT are showing the main card at 9PM Saturday.

Main Card only??

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭jjdonegal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

John_D80 wrote: »
    Main Card only??

Yeah, only the main card at 9PM (not live) according to the Sky guide.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

Really excited about this now. Just a few bits and pieces to do tomorrow and I'm good to go. What flight are people getting over?

What flight are people getting over?

3pm or so out of Derry.

Just called the Hydro Arena, they say that cameras are banned for this event.

Eh???

Since when!

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Johnny Drama_11

JT26 wrote: »
    Bisping main card?

He is the main event.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,188 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Just called the Hydro Arena, they say that cameras are banned for this event.

Eh???

Since when!

Impossible to enforce! Everybody's mobile phone has a camera on it. They're going to confiscate everyone's mobile phone? Like f*ck they are!

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭DamienOB

Really excited about this now. Just a few bits and pieces to do tomorrow and I'm good to go. What flight are people getting over?

I'm on the 7.15 am flight out of Dublin. Never been the UFC before (Mate is a huge fan, just back from Vegas and now this) so am looking forward to it. Also never been to Glasgow. Double Whammy for me. Can't wait

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Impossible to enforce! Everybody's mobile phone has a camera on it. They're going to confiscate everyone's mobile phone? Like f*ck they are!

Couldn't give a hoot about the mobile. It's my actual camera I'm worried about!

• Advertisement

20.30 flight tonight, looking forward to this now.

Advertisement