Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC Fight Night 73 - Glasgow - 18/07/15

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭ItsAnEasyGame

Weigh in live now - https://www.ufc.tv/video/bisping-vs-leites-weigh-in

Good Irish crowd over already.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

Looked like Paddy had a very tough cut.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,829 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

The towel was out but still made it. Would have been gas if he threw his jocks into the crowd :pac: Some good scraps on tomorrow night!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 462 ✭✭wylie

I wonder how fighters will handle it if the IV ban comes in. Do all of them use IV's? How much weight can they put back on before a fight?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Clive

wylie wrote: »
    I wonder how fighters will handle it if the IV ban comes in. Do all of them use IV's? How much weight can they put back on before a fight?

They'll put it all back on, it will just be a slightly less comfortable process. It won't make any tangible difference.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,829 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Watching a few of the fighter interviews, id Say Duffy is fair sick of being asked about Conor. And i see Guida said Aldo will beat him and send him back to Ireland so he can go back to picking potatoes..... Jaysus sake Clay.

JoJo's stock is gonna plumet if she loses this one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭Saipanne

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Watching a few of the fighter interviews, id Say Duffy is fair sick of being asked about Conor. And i see Guida said Aldo will beat him and send him back to Ireland so he can go back to picking potatoes..... Jaysus sake Clay.

JoJo's stock is gonna plumet if she loses this one.

In fairness, Duffy has talked up a potential rematch a few times, so he can't be too sick of it!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Saipanne wrote: »
    In fairness, Duffy has talked up a potential rematch a few times, so he can't be too sick of it!
    "Talked up" is a bit of a stretch to be honest. The media's infatuation with interviewing it based around Conor's defeat to him and a potential rematch is hard to get around without saying he'd be up for it.

"Talked up" is a bit of a stretch to be honest. The media's infatuation with interviewing it based around Conor's defeat to him and a potential rematch is hard to get around without saying he'd be up for it.

I seem to recall a certain tweet recently...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Saipanne wrote: »
    I seem to recall a certain tweet recently...
    Care to recall that tweet?

• Advertisement

Care to recall that tweet?

After Aldo pulled out he suggested a rematch. Sure could you blame him? If I was him, I would play along with it. McGregor (and the fact that he beat him) is a big part of the reason that Duffy is getting attention. It's good for his career.

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭Petermc83

Looking forward to seeing Paddy, paul and joe perform tomorrow night. Wonder how many Irish are travelling over to it?
    There's 4 of us going on the 7am flight in the morning.

I'm going for the clean sweep!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 462 ✭✭wylie

Should b a good night of fights, Did you here that Clay Guida potato picking bull****. Is that racist?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

wylie wrote: »
    Should b a good night of fights, Did you here that Clay Guida potato picking bull****. Is that racist?

Probably but as Irish people do we really give a fcuk about it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭CurryFlavoured

Jorge is a massive lightweight. Only looked an inch shorter than Duffy but far more muscular from the weigh in pics. He's supposed to be poor enough though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Reckon Redser will be cut if he loses? I'd say it's a possibility if he loses bad

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭themandan6611

stephenl15 wrote: »
    Reckon Redser will be cut if he loses? I'd say it's a possibility if he loses bad

why ? he took one for the team last time having to drop so much weight (30 lbs on 2 weeks notice) to fight a serious prospect. He is owed at least 3 fights for that and i reckon he will do just fine

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

Gutted I never back the urge is real after been in Vegas

Was going to go Belfast on return flights of 160 bottled it

Lets hope the take over continues

• Registered Users Posts: 39,320 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

DrPhilG wrote: »
    Couldn't give a hoot about the mobile. It's my actual camera I'm worried about!

Camera's with detachable lens are banned from all events afaik

• Registered Users Posts: 14,640 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Frustrating that this isn't live on BT :( Bound to be spoiled before watching now.

• Advertisement

Is this being blacked out on Fight Pass?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Davei141 wrote: »
    Is this being blacked out on Fight Pass?

No it's live on Fight Pass pre-lims start at 3pm

No it's live on Fight Pass pre-lims start at 3pm

Grand just says it is not available in my region though.

Edit: looks like it has sorted itself out.

why ? he took one for the team last time having to drop so much weight (30 lbs on 2 weeks notice) to fight a serious prospect. He is owed at least 3 fights for that and i reckon he will do just fine

I'm not saying he didn't do fine etc. just wondering. I think he mentioned something about it at the 189 world tour Q&A in Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 12,325 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Mellor wrote: »
    Camera's with detachable lens are banned from all events afaik

I know, but the arena have claimed that all cameras, regardless of lens are banned here.

Brimmage is ****e lads (I've only seen 2 of his fights :P ). What's with that eye yoke he wears?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

So this isn't being shown live on BT Sports? FFS.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

stephenl15 wrote: »
    What's with that eye yoke he wears?

Some character from Marvel or somethin like that

MagicIRL wrote: »
    So this isn't being shown live on BT Sports? FFS.

Don't think they're allowed show UFC/MMA before 9pm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

What time is first of the Irish in at anyone know must get on fight pass soon

Advertisement