Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC Fight Night 73 - Glasgow - 18/07/15

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,566 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Lee looked sh1te tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

He's still holding his gut from the nut kick

• Registered Users Posts: 9,766 ✭✭✭lertsnim

If he didn't win that fight then I don't know anymore. 30-27

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭Gumbi

Paddy might have got the sub if he worked more on the ground in the final round.

I wish he'd use his reach and mix in some straight punches into his combinations. His snap kicks were good, the rest all left him wide open.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,495 ✭✭✭tinpib

Don't mind me.

He was being dominated for a few seconds there hence my huge desire to post about it.

I think he probably squeaked through and won all 3 in the end.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭johnpro

Dominant performance from paddy!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

wow lee really is a nut hugger

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

easy 30 27 should be

• Registered Users Posts: 14,845 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Lee barely attacked at all in the final round

• Registered Users Posts: 14,640 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Paddy Holohan's striking hurts my soul.

• Advertisement

Who was Holohan referencing there??

callaway92 wrote: »
    Paddy Holohan's striking hurts my soul.

You should watch a guy called Pendred

who is paddy calling out

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭Colinf1212

Not bad for prelims, up £260 in profit. Last 3 ufc events have made me a lot of money.

http://i.imgur.com/TyWoGVD.png

Let's hope the main card is even more successful.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,640 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

stephenl15 wrote: »
    You should watch a guy called Pendred

I have seen Pendred's fights, thanks.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,156 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

jcd5971 wrote: »
    who is paddy calling out

I presume Smolka, who beat Seery in Vegas
    ShaneU wrote: »

He still did some damage with his punches. Kinda of strange fight for him overall, Paddy looks like he was in a fight but Lee looks grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

stephenl15 wrote: »
    Who was Holohan referencing there??

Smolka who best Seery I think.

callaway92 wrote: »
    I have seen Pendred's fights, thanks.

pendred just needs a come to jesus moment, he has potential

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Beersmith

Very strange fight. Paddy takes so many unesscary risks and very nearly paid for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭jjdonegal

ShaneU wrote: »

It was a strange one!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

I way prefer stand up but the first 2 rounds on the ground were absolutely fascinating.

CatFromHue wrote: »
    I presume Smolka, who beat Seery in Vegas

He still did some damage with his punches. Kinda of strange fight for him overall, Paddy looks like he was in a fight but Lee looks grand.

ah that makes sense, was in vegas but we missed the seery fight due to ticket issue( got sorted thank god) was smolka talking trash or something after that pissed of holohan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

ah that makes sense, was in vegas but we missed the seery fight due to ticket issue( got sorted thank god) was smolka talking trash or something after that pissed of holohan

Dont think so, he seemed pretty respectful of Seery and complimentary of the Irish crowd

Beersmith wrote: »
    Very strange fight. Paddy takes so many unesscary risks and very nearly paid for it.

true but do the weird moves and strikes open guys up for different looks, sometimes when you take out the wild side in some fighters they are not the same after.

Did ya hear the yank commentator there during Paddy's fight wondering out loud whether the Scottish fans would be cheering for the Irish guy or the Brit?

As my mother says 'sure there is no point in being stupid unless you show it'.

tinpib wrote: »
    Did ya hear the yank commentator there during Paddy's fight wondering out loud whether the Scottish fans would be cheering for the Irish guy or the Brit?

As my mother says 'sure there is no point in being stupid unless you show it'.

That would be mike goldberg, surprisedd he came over for a fight night wheres anik and florian?.
    I dont think he realises the scots hate the english just as much as the rest of us:)

who do you guys have for the mafra ray fight

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Beersmith

true but do the weird moves and strikes open guys up for different looks, sometimes when you take out the wild side in some fighters they are not the same after.

Yeah but not when you are in a dominant postion and roll to a inferior position.

That would be mike goldberg, surprisedd he came over for a fight night wheres anik and florian?.
    I dont think he realises the scots hate the english just as much as the rest of us:)

Reminds of the time I was watching (Sligo) Rovers Vs Shams (rock Rovers) on Setanta.

And yer man the Dub summariser goes " good play from Rovers there......of course when I say Rovers I mean Shamrock Rovers, ....and I think everyone calls Shamrock Rovers 'Rovers' and calls Sligo Rovers 'Sligo' and I think even the people here in Sligo would agree with that..'

The commentator without skipping a beat goes:

'You do wanna get out of here don't you?'

• Advertisement

for sure try and clinch , why did he go toe to toe

Advertisement