Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carlow Train Station

Options
  • 25-01-2015 4:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭

Anyone know if they have ticket barriers at Carlow train station yet? Or can you still board without showing your ticket?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 959 ✭✭✭maringo

No ticket barriers but the inspector on the train will check your ticket - always whenever I've got the Carlow-Dublin train.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

While there is a ticket inspector on the train I personally sound that they only seemed to check dodgy looking people, especially when it was packed.

Would never try chancing it though as I'd say the penalties are a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Nokia6230i

€100 Fine for an Adult; €50 for a child. Been that soldier; won my case mind.

Train departed 6 mins. early. I'd the wonga on me but Station Master had the whistle in his mouth & the green flag in his hand; doors were closed and all. I was waving my €20 at him but he just told me to get on.

Inspectors boarded between Newbridge & Kildare. Witnesses on-board'd seen me arriving at the station and backed me up but no beef.

I gave my proper address; went to Connolly to appeal it; they checked their times; they said 4 minutes but we weren't going to split hairs over 2 mins.

I was right, they were wrong; sticking it to the man. Me 1, Them Nil.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Sure you can buy a ticket on the train.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 CMCR

There are now 2 ticket machines at Carlow train station so no excuse for anyone to board without a ticket!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

CMCR wrote: »
    There are now 2 ticket machines at Carlow train station so no excuse for anyone to board without a ticket!

What if you're running late?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

Super-Rush wrote: »
    What if you're running late?

Not a lawful excuse. The law only allows you board a train without a ticket if the ticket office is closed or you were directed to do so by a rail official. There's a lot of vagueness over whether an automatic ticket machine is considered a ticket office in law.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭Geog1234

In case it's of help there's a ticket office in Carlow station as well as the ticket vending machines.

Downside of the machines is that they tend to only sell tickets for stations along the route they're located on so for instance in Carlow they sell tickets for all stations between Waterford and Heuston but not Cork, Galway etc...

Advertisement