Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Follow on formula

Options
  • 25-01-2015 4:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭

I know it's meant to be a con etc etc but I bought a box of aptimal as I am currently trying to switch over to cow's milk. When I read the back it gives different directions to make up than the baby formula :confused: it says "use cooled boiled water then add the powder". I checked on sma too and they say the same. :confused:
    Is that the baby is older so you don't need to wait the 30mins.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭Sligo1

Millem wrote: »
    I know it's meant to be a con etc etc but I bought a box of aptimal as I am currently trying to switch over to cow's milk. When I read the back it gives different directions to make up than the baby formula :confused: it says "use cooled boiled water then add the powder". I checked on sma too and they say the same. :confused:
    Is that the baby is older so you don't need to wait the 30mins.

I'm not sure. But I know on the aptimal food ranges (the boxed cereals, rice and porridge etc), you add cool or cold boiled water. They contain the toddler milk powder I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 velvet rose

Ya, i think when they are younger the water needs to be hot enough to kill any bacteria that may be in the formula, but when the little ones reach the follow on stage they don't need anything sterilised.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭dori_dormer

I read somewhere that the 'cooled' means ' cooled for 30 min' not cold.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

I read somewhere that the 'cooled' means ' cooled for 30 min' not cold.

Really? But then it says to heat up to desired temp by putting the beaker into hot water.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭dori_dormer

Weird. There was a thread on formula here before. I know that the temp should be about 70 degrees ( about 30 min after boiling) to kill bacteria in formula.

But when we were in france you used bottled water, and warmed up.

We are on Sma stage 2 and its the same prep as infant formula.

Maybe ring them?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

Weird. There was a thread on formula here before. I know that the temp should be about 70 degrees ( about 30 min after boiling) to kill bacteria in formula.

But when we were in france you used bottled water, and warmed up.

We are on Sma stage 2 and its the same prep as infant formula.

Maybe ring them?

For His aptimal 1 and 2 formula it says to boil kettle and wait 30 mins so it reaches 70 degrees. He is on number 3 now ;)
    I am still using my perfect prep machine to make it!

Advertisement