Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how to meet people?

Options
  • 25-01-2015 5:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭

hi I'm living in leixlip and it's boring, how do people meet people here in ireland?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭lilydonoghue

google the meetups - there is one in Leixlip. Its for women from celbridge leixlip and maynooth. there are other meetups in dublin and naas and everywhere. well worth it. I think they are great. the one in leixlip don't meet that often but you can also start your own. we go hiking, out for meals, to the cinema,, to the theatre, walking our dogs, and anything else you might be interested in.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,848 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Pubs, sports groups, other interests (arts, social, political, etc) groups. If you say what you're interested in we can probably give better suggestions

• Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭Asmooh

I don't really know what I'm interested in, and isn't meetup kinda weird because I don't know anyone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Fat Christy

Asmooh wrote: »
    I don't really know what I'm interested in, and isn't meetup kinda weird because I don't know anyone?

Emmmm....you want to people dontcha?

I'm on it, it's not weird.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭desbrook

The people you meet are there for the same reason as you - to meet people. Also they were once the newbie just like you so nobody thinks is weird. Usually people are very supportive!

• Advertisement

but I'm not Irish... to that's why I think it may be weird?

but I'm not Irish... to that's why I think it may be weird?

Loads of 'not irish' people in my hiking group.....

What age are ya? You sound really young.

I'm 30... (30-11-84)

I'm 30... (30-11-84)

My advice, take up a new hobby or two and see what you actually like to do. There's gazillions of groups in meetup, it's a great website, loads of stuff to try out.

It doesn't even have to be on meetup, you could take up an activity, join a book club, start running. There's parkruns organised all over the country. Go to shows, go on a solo holiday as part of a group. There's a million and one ways to meet new people. It's not difficult in this day and age.

I want to start rebuilding cars again, but then I need a second job and a not to expensive garage to store everything . my hobby was always or my car or working.. now I work but in the weekend or after working hours I'm bored

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Gits_bone

google the meetups - there is one in Leixlip. Its for women from celbridge leixlip and maynooth. there are other meetups in dublin and naas and everywhere. well worth it. I think they are great. the one in leixlip don't meet that often but you can also start your own. we go hiking, out for meals, to the cinema,, to the theatre, walking our dogs, and anything else you might be interested in.

Linky? Can't find it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭desbrook

Gits_bone wrote: »
    Linky? Can't find it.

www.meetup.com

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Gits_bone

desbrook wrote: »

Yeah I got that far.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭Stealthirl

If cars are your thing then theres the motors section here who do meetups every so often and a good few other sites aswell.

Stealthirl wrote: »
    If cars are your thing then theres the motors section here who do meetups every so often and a good few other sites aswell.

im always interested in new things :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭Gone Drinking

Anyone I know working in HP hangs around with their mates from HP and gets to know people through those guys. Is that an option?

If you're not interested in local sports/activity groups, the poster above made good suggestion about the motors forum. Jump over there and get posting. They all meet up in Dublin every so often to talk cars etc.

Mondello isn't too far away if you're intested in going to see some motor racing also.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭barry181091

Recently started in Intel myself. Its funny, its such a big place it would be hard to actually make many friends per-se.

I live in the slightly-more-lively Maynooth, but even still its not great. I can't imagine many people in their early 20's go to those Meetups :o

Recently started in Intel myself. Its funny, its such a big place it would be hard to actually make many friends per-se.

I live in the slightly-more-lively Maynooth, but even still its not great. I can't imagine many people in their early 20's go to those Meetups :o
    Well im 30, but I look and feel much younger, I don't want to hang out with (alot) older people e.g. 40+

I do talk to some peepz from work but I don't want to hang out with work related people outside work, because it can cause trouble at work :)

Advertisement