Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gents who use urinals: How do you live with not wiping your weiner after peeing?

• 25-01-2015 6:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭

Spun off from a discussion on After Hours a few days ago.

Am I the only one who always uses the cubicle to take a piss when he's out? I've only recently begun to consider that my friends, and probably also the toilet guys in my favourite nightclub who know me very well, probably assume I'm either struggling with chronic constipation or snorting coke every hour or so when I'm out on the piss :D

Essentially, I pee (standing) in the cubicle and then get a bit of toilet roll to dab the end with after I'm finished. If I fail to do this, a couple of drops leak out afterwards when I'm walking around.

Now maybe some lads just don't have this problem, or maybe some don't mind a tiny damp patch in their jocks, but I for one literally can't stand it which is why I haven't used a urinal since I was a kid. And when peeing outside, I always find myself a leaf or something to get rid of the aforementioned dreaded drops.

How about the rest of ye? Is there some magic trick other lads use to avoid this problem which has somehow eluded me for all these years, or am I simply more anal (penile really in this context ;) ) about hygiene than others? Maybe the odd drop or two doesn't bother anyone else?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

A quick shake gets rid of any residuals drops for me.

Not a topic I ever considered adding to on Boards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 936 ✭✭✭JaseBelleVie

Just make sure you don't use a nettle leaf by mistake some day. :P

I used to get "stage-fright" when I was younger, but no longer. I always use urinals when I'm out. Usually, especially in a busy pub, you have to wait to get into a cubicle. There is rarely a queue for urinals too, so it's rarely a problem.

If you shake off thoroughly enough following pissing, you'll never have the problem of the stray drops. But even if you dab yourself with toilet roll, there will nearly always be a stray drop of urine or two that will elude you and will escape later in proceedings.

Urinals are usually way handier in busy spots and it is usually a case of convenience and expedience when out on the beer.

I know some friends of mine would never use urinals, because of stage fright or whatever, but I've never had any problems with them since I was about 15 or so. It just seemed way more convenient to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,458 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Pug160

But surely wiping only removes the external stuff? The leakage will happen regardless for some men, no matter how much wiping or shaking is done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

I learned how to piss when I was a child, that's how.

:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭Username here

I learned how to piss when I was a child, that's how.

:confused:

So what's the secret to ensuring zero leakage after a wee?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 668 ✭✭✭mjsc1970

Dont forget about the splashback from the urinals........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

So what's the secret to ensuring zero leakage after a wee?

Open the buttons of your boxers or use the space in the briefs to release your todger, then a couple of shakes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭john the one

This topic disturbed me when I read it first in AH and it still does now. Please man up

Open the buttons of your boxers or use the space in the briefs to release your todger, then a couple of shakes.

Never experienced this, then, no?

6sHswS.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Knowall Macduff

Essentially, I pee (standing) in the cubicle and then get a bit of toilet roll to dab the end with after I'm finished. If I fail to do this, a couple of drops leak out afterwards when I'm walking around.

I hope you're not the prick who pisses on the toilet and leaves it wet!!!!!!!!!!

I hope you're not the prick who pisses on the toilet and leaves it wet!!!!!!!!!!

THEY'RE THE WORST!! Or pubes in the urinal, WTF

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭john the one

THEY'RE THE WORST!! Or pubes in the urinal, WTF

You won't see me pick my pubes back up out of the toilet, no sir! Piss em away

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭chughes

I can never understand why men piss in a cubicle with the seat down. The end of the stream will invariably cross the seat. When I see this I usually wish knob rot on them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Two shakes better than wet leg.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Knowall Macduff

old saying; no matter how much you wiggle and dance the last two drops go in your pants

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,407 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Ok knowall McDuff, as you are an inexperienced poster I will give you the benefit of the doubt but please read the charter to see what is acceptable or not in tGC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,810 ✭✭✭Calibos

Is this what your foreskin looks like AFTER you retract your foreskin to pee??

336440.jpeg

No wonder you retain some droplets and leak afterwards.

The rest of us pull back the foreskin a bit or are circumcised

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

I always use the cubicle due to stage fright. Although I do like to give it a wipe down with tissue too.

I always use the cubicle due to stage fright. Although I do like to give it a wipe down with tissue too.

Would you not just lift the seat? Save it from inadvertent splashes?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭SHOVELLER

chughes wrote: »
    I can never understand why men piss in a cubicle with the seat down. The end of the stream will invariably cross the seat. When I see this I usually wish knob rot on them.

I can never understand why men piss in a cubicle when there are urinals available.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 365 ✭✭wardy2

Remember if you shake it more than twice your playing with it

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Seanf999

The same reason people never wipe a hose when they're finished.. I don't know what that reason is but it's a good comparison..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

Find a girl who doesn't mind the stench of piss

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,407 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Find a girl who doesn't mind the stench of piss
    wardy2 wrote: »
    Remember if you shake it more than twice your playing with it

General warning. This is a forum for adults to have discussions. If you cannot post as an adult then please do not post.
    This is the second on thread warning, anymore will be actioned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

Nah I lift it up, no sense playing Russian Roulette with potential splashback especially when locked ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

Seanf999 wrote: »
    The same reason people never wipe a hose when they're finished.. I don't know what that reason is but it's a good comparison..

TIL that water and pee are the same thing :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

Does anyone hold their breath when pissing at the urinal for fear of getting your own or someone else's steam in your mouth or up your nose?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭Chemical Byrne

Dribbles can be annoying. I usually wipe but as someone said you can still get leakage even after as the hose hasn't been drained out yet if we want to use that analogy again. Basically cos a guys piss pipe is about 20cm long vs 5 or 6 cm for a girl. I find that by reaching underneath and giving a little lift to force out any thing left in the plumbing works well.

I don't like using the piss bowls, stage fright mostly. I always use the cubicles even if it means waiting a few minutes. I will however, use the piss bowl in a pub if I'm drunk. In my own house or work I'm very careful to lift and replace the seat. However, in public toilets I will admit that I follow standard practice and just piss in the general vicinity of the toilet regardless of seat position.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Seanf999

TIL that water and pee are the same thing :p

Plenty of liquids (or partially liquid) things can come from a hose..

• Registered Users Posts: 19 GaryDub31

Just a good owl shake does it for me...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭fizzypish

Don't see the issue. Have a wazz and then shake. A drop or 2 will enter your jocks. This is unavoidable. It happens. Change your jocks daily and don't use them as a tea strainer. No hassle. As a rule of thumb I always wipe down a toilet with T paper before a number 2 regardless of visible wetness or not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

If a couple of droplets of my own piss soaks into my jocks, I can live with it, it won't kill me and I shower and change my jocks daily.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭JuliusCaesar

If your pants smell pissy, so does your penis. Very off-putting to others.

ive never done it standing up as far as I can remember. I recall no time when it has happened. I am a wiper. Never understood why men prefer to stand than sit. But I do like a wipe. And never had spotting following a wipe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,676 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

At work I use the urinal and a few shakes because the cubicles more ofton than not are like a cattle shed.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 449 ✭✭CJ Haughey

I strictly use toilet paper for its intended purpose.

Never understood why men prefer to stand than sit.
    Quicker, no queues would be the main reason.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,033 ✭✭✭✭bnt

If your pants smell pissy, so does your penis. Very off-putting to others.
    I don't think anyone's suggesting it gets to that point. A drop or two shouldn't make you smell. Besides, no-one's going to get that close to your jocks in a normal working day, surely? :o

As an aside: if your pee stinks horrendously, are you drinking enough water?

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭DavidRamsay99

I always use a cubicle to pee and wipe my member with some toilet paper in order to prevent the presence of dark blotches down the front of my pants.

• Advertisement
Advertisement