Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

vhs to dvd

Options
  • 25-01-2015 6:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭

Hello
    I was wondering could somebody please have any info on the following
    Is there a machine i could buy to transfer video tapes on to dvd:)

Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,455 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

There's no special machine required, you need a DVD recorder with a SCART socket, then connect the VCR to the DVR, play the tape and record it on the DVR. The same method can be used to make a permanent copy of a program recorded on a UPC box.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭arch staunton

Thank you for your help,
    i recently came into a lot of g.a.a matches on videos and will try to convert them to d.v,d

• Registered Users Posts: 25,455 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Thank you for your help,
    i recently came into a lot of g.a.a matches on videos and will try to convert them to d.v,d

Just bear in mind that the standard domestic TV in the 70s and 80s was a 21" tube whereas a 42" flatscreen has four times the screen area so no matter how well the recordings transfer, the picture will look very grainy on a modern TV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

There are VHS-USB gadgets you can buy to 'capture' them on a computer and edit etc. but it's a bit trickier than straight up VHS - scart - DVD recorder. If you want highest quality I think you get 60min per DVDr disc.

Advertisement