Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cost of A Stove Fitted in an Open Fire

• 25-01-2015 6:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 79 ✭✭

Hi,
    Can anyone tell me how much it might cost to put a Stanley stove into an open fire? (6.7kw small) & is there much structural work involved?

We were hoping to put it on the hearth and just wanted to know the likely cost and how much potential structural work required to fit it & pipe it up the chimney? Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,595 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

Ask in the shop,, maybe 450

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39 biancab

hi , it all depends on the type of stove , ie boiler/ non boiler although the kW you state sounds like a non to me, if it is it should be straight forward enough, you will most likely need new liner for the chimney the shop can supply you with this probably through a package deal if you are buying all from the same store, we fitted a boiler stove which cost roughly €4000 including labour sounds expensive but it has paid for itself as we would have spent a lot on oil prior to stove! we have only switched the oil on maybe 4 times for 20 mins since the stove went in 2 years ago! great heat and tons of hot water. more work involved if it's a boiler stove but we were up and running after 2 days

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,595 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

Lets do some math here.
    Biancab says he has saved 4000 in two years by going from oil to solid fuel.
    Okay, saved 2000 per annum.
    I live in a 2500 sq foot gaff and our gas bill for CH and HW is about 1, 500 per annum.

So even if my fuel was free, I cant save 2,000 pa.

So Biancab, what are you burning in the stove?
    Whats the output?
    What did you pay for solid fuel this past 2 years or are you one of these rogue turf cutters. :)

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭draiochtanois

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement