Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

NCT should have been free?

• 25-01-2015 7:23pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭

I rang the Nct customer care place to book an Nct appointment as there was no dates available before it expired,that was on the 17th of December.
    Got a date for the 23rd January(last Friday) ,my partner brought the car but they charged her for it.
    I was looking it up and if they can't give you a date within 4 weeks of contacting them it should be free?
    It was 5 weeks from me calling them.
    Gonna give them a call tomo but wondering if this has happened to anyone? Anyone get a refund from them?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,066 ✭✭✭✭CiniO

They will only give you a free test, if you request an appointment within 4 weeks and don't get it.
    As you didn't request it, there is no free test.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭honda boi

CiniO wrote: »
    They will only give you a free test, if you request an appointment within 4 weeks and don't get it.
    As you didn't request it, there is no free test.

Oh ri,I was told I was put on a high priorty list so thought that would of been me covered

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭homingbird

honda boi wrote: »
    Oh ri,I was told I was put on a high priorty list so thought that would of been me covered

My brother inlaw is in the same boat i told him if they cant give you a test in 4 weeks means free test . Their is nothing on there website about requesting it. 4 week limit if they cant give you a test with in that time means free test.

This should answer your question.
    https://www.ncts.ie/customer_charter.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭mullingar

Ensure that the average lead time for an appointment at an individual test centre is less than three weeks and no greater than four weeks. The customer will be provided with a test free of charge where an appointment cannot be offered within a four week period provided that:
    • The Customer has not declined a test appointment (either confirmed or provisional) more than twice, at a centre of their choosing, for the test due at this time

The Customer has not previously accepted a booking outside of the 4 week period.

This is what catches most people out about the free test.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

exactly, you have to reject the offered booking, you accept it and you don't get the free test

Ok my brother inlaw has 2 cars the one in question he just bought it was out of test since last may . So he rang them on the 16 of this month they said they are full up & would put him on priority list so if they dont come back to him before middle of next month he is due a free test !!
    Second car is in test till April would he be due a free test on this car if he applied now or has the car to be coming nearing the nct expiring date to get it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

i doubt the tests would be linked to other cars owned. treated individually I would say

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

Haven't got a free test as such, but have said to them on the phone when being given a long lead time that the test is free if no appointment availiable, I'm told they'll ring back and have been offered a test within the 4 weeks

Advertisement