Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

COLD SPELL Jan 28th Onwards: Wintry Showers/Frosty, Some Snow Accumulations

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭tylercollins

Met Office UK just upgraded to Amber warning for Northern Ireland.

10953961_1540191259577060_7517205106118651525_n.jpg?oh=2c235a963d14787a0e03f34b611c13fc&oe=55210754&__gda__=1432627051_66da931114115f0fc3cac8d070a9ed57

• Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

met eireann not making much of it tomorrow or friday, using the word rain alot... personally i cant see them sticking to that forecast going by the weather models. its looking good to me.
    gfs-0-42.png?6

Temperatures/dps are set to go back up from tomorrow afternoon before cooling back down again on friday evening for the weekend. Showers through the second half of tomorrow and friday will be much more of rain away from higher ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Hesh's Umpire

Beautiful, sunny morning here in Tullamore, clear skies with patchy cloud. Cold though, 4 degrees on my car.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

Lashing snow where I am in south Louth. Its also exceptionally windy like a squall I suppose. Its making an effort at sticking now but I think the shower will be short-lived!

Its genuinely impressive, a horizontal whiteout!

Photo attached of whitening grass. Nothing sticking on roads or concrete though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭obezyana

Larbre34 wrote: »
    No.

You have just ruined my morning :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭icesnowfrost

Trogdor wrote: »
    Temperatures/dps are set to go back up from tomorrow afternoon before cooling back down again on friday evening for the weekend. Showers through the second half of tomorrow and friday will be much more of rain away from higher ground.
    personally i cant see them going back up that much going by the models but if im wrong im wrong :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

met eireann not making much of it tomorrow or friday, using the word rain alot... personally i cant see them sticking to that forecast going by the weather models. its looking good to me.
    gfs-0-42.png?6

15013000_2806.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭KingdomRushed

15013000_2806.gif

Ouch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭AnotherYear

Met.ie for tomorrow. Sleet and snow showers turning back to rain later except across Ulster

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭Fuh Q

Navan : big jump in temps, up to 4.1c with dewpoint of 1.0 , its up and down like a whores knickers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,482 ✭✭✭Jpmarn

Got a graupel shower a few minutes ago near Limerick City. The sun is out and graupel is melting.

Remember please quote your location in the posts as your stated location doesn't show up on some mobile versions of this website.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭moogester

Lovely heavy snow shower just passed through Dungannon - still snowing lightly :)

Starting to stick in drogheda

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

Still very heavy snow. Slushy mess now forming on concrete and roads, a good cm on everything els, about 2 on grass. The wind has died down consderably but still Beaufort 4 in strength.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭jimbobaloobob

where are the last two posters from where theres snow?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

personally i cant see them going back up that much going by the models but if im wrong im wrong :)
    Looks like temperatures will be touching 8 degrees in coastal areas and widely above 4 degrees by tomorrow night. Today/tonight will be the best of the snow for now and then more over the weekend perhaps.
    nmmuk-0-42-0_isg0.png

Likewise dewpoints will be well above 0
    nmmuk-18-42-0_lbm9.png

drogheda (northeast)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Boston

• Registered Users Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭WallyGUFC

Snow shower the last ten minutes in Claregalway. Fairly strong W/NW wind behind it. Not sticking yet but it's only early.

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭Fuh Q

5.3c and rising in Navan and sunny

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭acassells80

Will Dublin have more of a chance of getting snow overnight?

out comes the sun to ruin it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Snowing now in Enniscorthy.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,749 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Light snow falling in North Kilkenny.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,672 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Are you getting swayed by the colours in your chart?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭JanuarySnowstor

Snowing in cork the wet slushy kind

• Closed Accounts Posts: 922 ✭✭✭FWVT

They will indeed go up. ECM hi-res freezing levels (ft).

Today
    ecm0125_millikort_0level_msl_2015012800_018.png

Tomorrow
    ecm0125_millikort_0level_msl_2015012800_048.png

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭W1ll1s

Road Temps are all well up, its never going to stick.

https://www.nratraffic.ie/weather/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Snowing in cork the wet slushy kind

Just started here too. Cork city, seems like a shower though :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Before the shower clouds rolled in the radiant heat from the sun was noticeable when out of the wind. Gives me some hope for Spring!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement