Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

COLD SPELL Jan 28th Onwards: Wintry Showers/Frosty, Some Snow Accumulations

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭R.F.

bray is still snowless

• Registered Users Posts: 14,287 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

We had a snow/rain mix earlier but its died off again - it does look very snowy at the moment though....

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭moogester

Northern Ireland Weather
    12 mins ·
    Amber & Yellow warnings of Heavy Snow, Blizzard conditions, high winds and Low Temperatures have been issued for Northern Ireland.
    The earlier warning has been amended to extend the Amber warning to all parts of NI
    Valid until further notice. This warning replaces the earlier amber warning.
    Heavy snows showers are to continue throughout this afternoon, evening, overnight and into Thursday. Showers will become frequent, heavier and more widespread later this afternoon and will start to accumulate by rush hour. Which is likely to cause some travel problems.
    As is always the case with showers some areas are likely to get more snow that others.
    Accumulations of 5 to 10 cm are possible almost anywhere away from the immediate coast.
    10 - 20cm possible for areas that see longer spells of snow where showers merge together and possibly localised accumulations of 30cm for areas with elevation.
    High winds of 50 - 60 mph are also likely to accompany the heavy snow leading to blizzard conditions in many areas, this creating an additional hazard.
    Low temperatures are likely throughout this week and into next week. Tomorrow and Thursday will feel bitterly cold with a significant wind chill.
    We are anticipating disruption, especially to air travel along with problems to Road & rail travel. There could also be interruptions to power supplies with heavy snow combined with high winds allowing snow to build up on power lines
    The AA's Special Operations Response Team have been dispatched to NI this afternoon following advice given regarding snowfall amounts. No further information is available.

10433309_785423438204656_1937650707838112147_n.jpg?oh=20f2d5ae545e6d06b1eaa1447a48e903&oe=55696BED&__gda__=1432185137_fbc44eb868329709ec1751e11df120e1

• Registered Users Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭kenmc

DOCARCH wrote: »
    THUNDERSNOW! :D

didn't get as far as leopardstown :( must be out tallaght/rathfarnham way

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Nabber

58556542.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 Misseskelly

R.F. wrote: »
    bray is still snowless

And we have lift off ... Lightly

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭elecktras weather bomb

DOCARCH wrote: »
    Decent/proper snow shower here now in Dublin 16 dusting everything white

...and...thunder! :D

that blew over my house twenty minutes ago ...........with about three flakes lol. enjoy !

• Registered Users Posts: 15,427 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Whiteout in Loughlinstown!!

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

674hew.jpg Yesterday by Carrantouil

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,989 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Has cleared/passed now and has left a dusting of snow on grass, roofs, cars. 1.9c now.

• Advertisement

2n9dzdv.jpg Yesterday by Carrantouil

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Clav

Nice little graupel shower in Shankill

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭Awaaf

light snow Monkstown Co. Dublin

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,834 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Loughc wrote: »
    It's snowing now in Dublin 18

And it's stopped, thus ending the great blizzard of 2015...

n4ze4p.jpg Yesterday by Carrantouil as the weather started to sweep in..tears at my heart!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 655 ✭✭✭RED L4 0TH

Just scattered quickly passing showers here in Murrisk, West Mayo. Strong winds are an issue I think. Showers not hanging around long enough to give a decent accumulation.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,948 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

And we have lift off ... Lightly
    I counted 5-6 flakes :D

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,989 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Light sleet/snow falling again. 1.7c DP -0.2c.

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭Awaaf

Awaaf wrote: »
    light snow Monkstown Co. Dublin

didn't last too long (5 mins maybe)1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,482 ✭✭✭Jpmarn

Showers are pretty wintry near Limerick City. But nothing is sticking. Don't know the temperature in my location but the nearest met station Shannon Airport has been reporting 5 to 6 degrees in the last few hours. I would expect that it would be a couple degrees lower in my location. I think for most of us it should be after sunset this evening when problems of sticking snow should occur.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭weatherfiend

We've just had a very heavy shower here - white out for 15 mins and big fat flakes. Sorry I still can't post pics using the iPad. I'll see if I can later. Snow lying on the grass and deck. 3 rock completely obliterated at the mo

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Radar showing a decent size shower to the North West of Waterford City looks like delivering something in the next half hour or so. Check the webcams on my website for updates. Current temp 5.6c DP 1.3c but we know that will drop rapidly in any showers.

http://www.waterfordcityweather.com/wxwebcam.php

Graces7 wrote: »
    snippd for size[/IMG] Yesterday by Carrantouil
    Your camera sees into the future! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Wine Goddess

kenmc wrote: »
    didn't get as far as leopardstown :( must be out tallaght/rathfarnham way
    Nope no thunder in D24 either but we have sleety snow shower which lasted for 20 minutes and is settling. ..albeit the sun is out!

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭The_Shotz

Radar showing a decent size shower to the North West of Waterford City looks like delivering something in the next half hour or so. Check the webcams on my website for updates. Current temp 5.6c DP 1.3c but we know that will drop rapidly in any showers.

http://www.waterfordcityweather.com/wxwebcam.php

Just looking at that cloud, if something don't fall from that I'd be very surprised! Here's hoping.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,672 ✭✭✭Speak Now

The_Shotz wrote: »
    Just looking at that cloud, if something don't fall from that I'd be very surprised! Here's hoping.

Temp still 5.7, watch it drop like a stone!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,542 ✭✭✭Tactical

Jpmarn wrote: »
    Showers are pretty wintry near Limerick City. But nothing is sticking. Don't know the temperature in my location but the nearest met station Shannon Airport has been reporting 5 to 6 degrees in the last few hours. I would expect that it would be a couple degrees lower in my location. I think for most of us it should be after sunset this evening when problems of sticking snow should occur.

Car is reporting +2°C here in West Limerick.

Still can't find my digital thermometer. May have to resort to putting the mercury in glass lab thermometer outside :(

bloody sun out now in leopardstown undoing the good work :(
    my weather station in goatstown dropped 2.4oC in the hour before the snow came!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,012 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

First 5 or 6 snowflakes of the winter just fell here in Wexford town

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭LordNorbury

Just taken from Twitter...

336747.png

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement