Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

COLD SPELL Jan 28th Onwards: Wintry Showers/Frosty, Some Snow Accumulations

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,877 ✭✭✭heyday30

Had ninja snow for a minute. Co. Waterford ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭we'llallhavetea

Near trim in meath and not a snot on the ground, I JUST WANT SOME SNOW!!! :(

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,989 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Looks like another shower will clip south Dublin in the next half hour. Sun's out here now and temp is up to 2.0c atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭Saganist

Nothing here in Dublin City Centre. :(

Looks like the showers are missing us to the North and South..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭asteroids over berlin

Just taken from Twitter...

336747.png

thats somebody taking the piss, there aint no snow on the m50!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 RoLad001

Heavy snow in naas now

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭glossy

:D slowly put surely it's snowing in D15, just a few flakes at the mo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭LordNorbury

Hope we might get something more consistent overnight on the east coast

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Rougies

Having just arrived home from the m50, I can confirm this pic. It's melting quickly though. The m50 is 45km long ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

Tactical wrote: »
    Car is reporting +2°C here in West Limerick.

Still can't find my digital thermometer. May have to resort to putting the mercury in glass lab thermometer outside :(

If you can't find it, would very much recommend this small digital thermo. Have one myself and find it very accurate. It has a probe too which is highly sensitive to even minute changes in temp :)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Digital-Aquarium-Thermometer-with-Waterproof-Tank-Probe-Audible-Alarm-/371245920123

New Moon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

2rhs8er.jpg This was taken just a few minutes after the previous one; so fast the weather changed

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,989 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

There is...or was (before the sun came out)...around Ballinteer and Edmonstown. http://www.dublincity.ie/dublintraffic/

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Lenny5

Skies turn black in cbar but only produce 30 seconds of heavy hail before moving swiftly on and the sun coming out :-( As said earlier the wind is blowing these showers through too quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 RoLad001

Heavy snow shower here in naas for past 10 mins very dark

kenmc wrote: »
    Your camera sees into the future! :D

Leftovers from the last lot same as here on the back mountains to the north,, Just wanted to see what was left!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Lucreto

Snow in Naas but not sticking. Better than nothing I suppose.

I am just going to stand out in it for a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Graces7 wrote: »
    2rhs8er.jpg This was taken just a few minutes after the previous one; so fast the weather changed

Nice picture, Happy New year Grace, and hope you had a good Christmas, oh can you tell me if we had a good summer, i do hope we will......;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭kenmc

DOCARCH wrote: »
    There is...or was (before the sun came out)...around Ballinteer and Edmonstown. http://www.dublincity.ie/dublintraffic/

nope, thats live cameras. in 3 hours time they'll (almost) all be showing night time.

kenmc wrote: »
    nope, thats live cameras. in 3 hours time they'll (almost) all be showing night time.

...and your point being?

The snow that was there, on the M50, has now melted. So...you will not see it now, as they are live cameras.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,542 ✭✭✭Tactical

Nice picture, Happy New year Grace, and hope you had a good Christmas, oh can you tell me if we had a good summer, i do hope we will......;)

Grace,

I think posters are referring to the date on the photographs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭kenmc

...and your point being?

The snow that was there, on the M50, has now melted. So...you will not see it now, as they are live cameras.

I thought you were trying to prove otherwise, that there was snow on the m50. no matter, on with the snowwatch.
    clouds coming in on raintoday in the next 20 mins or so

...and your point being?

I think they call this..... snow blindness :D

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Snow starting again Newcastle Dublin

bigger flakes no hail

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭Strong Life in Dublin

Snow starting again in South dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭cyclops999

Very dark sky over Athlone now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭LordNorbury

There is a big blob of precip currently over Longford, heading over Mullingar, that looks like it is heading straight for Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭scary

heavey snow shower in Rathcoole Co Dublin

Tactical wrote: »
    Grace,

I think posters are referring to the date on the photographs.

I have just seen that but this dratted camera will not adjust properly, I thought I had it sorted but it has a will of its own.. only a cheap one as befits a pensioner.. at least this time the year is right! Used to say 2012! ;) Just have to take my word it was taken yesterday.. it was correct last week so is slipping

• Registered Users Posts: 5,397 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

cyclops999 wrote: »
    Very dark sky over Athlone now.
    Woohoo I'm in Moate - if it's got snow send it over!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭snowjon

heavy snow in Belfast city centre

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement