Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

COLD SPELL Jan 28th Onwards: Wintry Showers/Frosty, Some Snow Accumulations

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Leaving you to your vigilling.. maybe tomorrow less weather and more snow..darkening skies again here and must start to sort out for the coming night. Thank you all for your company! Not sure what :pac: meant re my previous post but there we are.. I find this weather pure glorious poetry,, off to toke the range and feed the gathering... enjoy the snow! Blessings and peace from South Kerry 400 ft asl

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,907 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

light snow shower here but it's starting to turn a bit more marginal with bits of sleet in it as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭snowstreams

RED L4 0TH what lake is that in the foreground? I take it your looking north east towards nephin?
    I wonder how many feet of snow it has near the top and in the gullies by now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,170 ✭✭✭WheatenBriar

hollster2 wrote: »
    lashing snow in Tinahley big flakes only sticking to the grass

You could make duvets out of the flakes falling here at the ight side of the hill from you now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭acassells80

nothing in Dublin city centre, anymore due to hit Dublin this evening?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭hollster2

You could make duvets out of the flakes falling here at the ight side of the hill from you now :D

:) Its stopped here now but there not consistant enough wonder if they keep up will we wake up to a nice covering! The mountains at the back of my house are covered!

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭yorlum11

RED L4 0TH what lake is that in the foreground? I take it your looking north east towards nephin?
    I wonder how many feet of snow it has near the top and in the gullies by now.

I'm sure thats Clew Bay, Atlantic ocean if I'm not mistaken. I'm sure he will confirm.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,482 ✭✭✭Jpmarn

Got a hail shower followed by a few light flakes near Limerick City. No sticking happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭ElizaT33

Snowing in North Meath again ..... quite heavily!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

Rain shower in D3.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭The_Shotz

Very short wet snow shower in Waterford City

Looks like the Comeraghs mountains have a nice covering, might try get up there tomorrow to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭icesnowfrost

baby its cold outside
    temp_uk.png
    its just started to snow again but very lite

• Registered Users Posts: 4,326 ✭✭✭arctictree

The radar is showing a big blob heading towards Dublin. Could be rush hour chaos if it doesn't dissipate.

hollster2 wrote: »
    :) Its stopped here now but there not consistant enough wonder if they keep up will we wake up to a nice covering! The mountains at the back of my house are covered!

See what Monday/Tuesday brings
    You are right in a little valley that borrows weather from the high ground all around you so if a low does get caught up colder air than today early next week and you're under a precip area,you could have a lot of fun if you follow?

Down here by the coast,it's going to be rain not snow.
    Hard to say at this juncture because frankly even models early this week got the past 24hrs precip quite wrong

• Closed Accounts Posts: 774 ✭✭✭CarpeDiem85

I'm so over this weather! We haven't had any electricity since 1.30. I'm gagging for a nice warm brew.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

arctictree wrote: »
    The radar is showing a big blob heading towards Dublin. Could be rush hour chaos if it doesn't dissipate.

Anyone else confirming this blob is snow? It's heading towards the m50 soon

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,907 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

that big shower is starting here now, light rain with bits of sleet in it so far, temps gone too marginal, may get some flakes if it turns heavier

• Registered Users Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭icesnowfrost

snowing quite heavy now in drogheda,. i might take a spin to my winter wonderland 5 min drive away :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Shane O' Malley

Snow and rain mixed

• Registered Users Posts: 6,258 ✭✭✭highdef

Gonzo wrote: »
    that big shower is starting here now, light rain with bits of sleet in it so far, temps gone too marginal, may get some flakes if it turns heavier
    That's the shower before the main band of precip. The same shower area that is over you is also over me however it is falling as fluffy snow here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭b318isp

My mother reported lightning and snow in Longford just now

It seems to be mixed: http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=radar;sess=

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Really interesting Low moving south west of Scotland. Does almost appear to be a polar low? Lots of less cold air wrapped up in it though, although I suspect it will give snow in places with lots of heavy precip, thunder and lightening are likely too as well as strong gusts,

I would be on the watch for some severe wind gusts from the north-west in the next few hours. Going to get really interesting.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Gits_bone

No snow in Kildare.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

On the 12Z GFS, that low stays offshore on Monday. Neither snow nor rain from that.

gfs-2-84.png?12?12
    gfs-0-84.png?12?12

But it also creates a new low on Tuesday, which might be interesting.

gfs-0-114.png?12
    gfs-2-111-3h.png?12

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Ironic that it seems to be South and east ulster that has the depths of snow. Some of us in the North West cant catch a break even from a North Westerly!

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭elecktras weather bomb

rain in maynooth .

Really interesting Low moving south west of Scotland. Does almost appear to be a polar low? Lots of less cold air wrapped up in it though, although I suspect it will give snow in places with lots of heavy precip, thunder and lightening are likely too as well as strong gusts,

Yeah I see they are agog on Netweather with a new thread discussing it as a polar low
    Whatever it is,it sets the cat among the pigeons for even modestly higher ground as regards an already delayed warm up today and as Maq has posted,more to follow,I don't care what anyone says(well I do ;)) but you keep the flow coming down from that direction with new small lows and there will be no warm up,what do you think?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,035 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

RED L4 0TH wrote: »
    Nephin (on the right) nicely covered. Small bit outside the house too.

336874.jpg
    336875.jpg
    Quite a similar scene to here, roads are messy, kid building an iceman outside.

• Advertisement

On the 12Z GFS, that low stays offshore on Monday. Neither snow nor rain from that.

gfs-2-84.png?12?12
    gfs-0-84.png?12?12

But it also creates a new low on Tuesday, which might be interesting.

gfs-0-114.png?12
    gfs-2-111-3h.png?12

Now that is for sure a polar low! Going to be an interesting one!

Exact track of it is very much up in the air.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement