Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

COLD SPELL Jan 28th Onwards: Wintry Showers/Frosty, Some Snow Accumulations

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,258 ✭✭✭highdef

Gonzo wrote: »
    stopped here about 10 mins and starting to melt, was very nice while it lasted! a few hours of that would have provided a real nice covering.

Still belting down SW of you, between Kilcock and Enfield. White out conditions here

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

Not meaning to troll , but blizzard like?! :rolleyes:

sounds ridiculous to be claiming this tbh

I don't think it is. You are correct of course that this is not a blizzard in the meteorological sense, but these showers are bringing gusts well into gale force territory, so these, coupled with heavy snow, no matter how brief, would make them a bit 'blizzard like' rather being full on blizzard.

New Moon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

Roofs in D7 going white.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,181 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Cornilius wrote: »
    Gerry Murphy on the radio just said rain and sleet and snow not sticking has he looked out the window.

Just a few mins ago outside Liffey valley.

In fairness once it stops it will melt. Thats probably what he means.

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭kittyn

DOCARCH wrote: »
    BA73D1D03F94467387BE90302B1FEB8F-0000335757-0003722435-00800L-E5BF940D1C7F4576967CD432C123A999.jpg

:)

Is there much left in this spell DOC? It does look like it's down for another while yet :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭gerrybhoy

it really is ridiculous, Im not going to keep arguing my point incase of being banned.

google blizzard, now look outside and ask yourself "is this really a blizzard?" :rolleyes:
    can you see it? No,stop trolling and talking piss

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭Polo_Mint

Ireland is so much nicer looking in White :)

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭weatherfiend

Now we're really sucking diesel!!

Been coming down here (Sandyford) blizzard for the last 20 mins and starting to stick. Huge big flakes and sticking. See the clump of flakes on my sleeve below didn't melt for ages, even after I came back inside. fingers crossed now that it's getting dark. (sorry that the wet on the window blurs the pics slightly). :D

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭spoonerhead

Gerry Murphy will get some shock when he looks outside....

Was not expecting this at all!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,991 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

kittyn wrote: »
    Is there much left in this spell DOC? It does look like it's down for another while yet :)

Still belting down here...but I can't see it lasting much longer. 0.6c atm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

if it wasn't for the fact the ground was wet, i think that would have stuck

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭Reckless Abandonment

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭John.Icy

As I watch another proper shower slide only miles to my NW here in S.Kildare, I say enjoy folks! Should melt away with rain/sleet later tonight but it'll be nice while it lasts/if it doesn't melt one it stops snowing. Looks like maybe 10-20 minutes max more snow out of it for S.Dublin anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,405 ✭✭✭fletch

Crazy the difference in Balbriggan compared to South M50.
    34fe3oi.png2uo6zcm.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭Reckless Abandonment

Really surprised at how it's sticking so well

• Registered Users Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭TireeTerror

Here is a video I took driving up the forest park in Carlingford today. I accidentally turned off the recording when I was turning my wipers on, so you miss the top, but you can see near the end that the road was totally covered and it was fairly difficult to see where to go.

As for driving while using mobile phone, I dont care it wasnt on the highway. so zzzzzzz

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yAI2anG3kDk&feature=youtu.be

• Registered Users Posts: 3,035 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

The wet Snow the fell around 3 O'clock is still on the ground outside, tis fair cold out there!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,907 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

once it stops the melt is quite fast, it's half gone here already.

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭NMB

NOOOOOOOOO say it ain't so

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

and by the looks of things, that's the end of of that :(:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,269 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

On the way out of the city southbound and personally it seems the further u get from the city the worse it gets . just past foxrock, huge flakes , footpaths and grass with a nice covering

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

Was a couple of rumbles of thunder here earlier, about 4 ish.

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭polydactyl

35n7uyq.jpg

Hometown in Monaghan, brother and kids had snow day and sledding all day :(

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭kwik

Have to say I wasn't expecting this much snow over this part of the country... (Ballyfermot Dublin.) Good covering now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Rougies

Every time it looks like stopping it peps up again. Started to get lighter and melting about 15 mins ago but now heavier than ever here and sticking again.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,988 ✭✭✭finnharpsboy

Nice fall of snow for nearly an hour now in Ballyfermot

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭srm23

Out in citywest working at the moment,
    will there be any chance of the red line luas stopping service
    due to snow?

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭weatherfiend

Still going and tyre marks and footprints being covered in all the while :D:D:D

seems to ease off and then comes back for more

• Registered Users Posts: 24,192 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

srm23 wrote: »
    Out in citywest working at the moment,
    will there be any chance of the red line luas stopping service
    due to snow?

Yes theres a chance, if other eejits crash and damage bits of kit or trams. Keep up to date with their twitter

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,991 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Still going and tyre marks and footprints being covered in all the while :D:D:D

seems to ease off and then comes back for more

Has eased off here (in Dublin 16). Just light snow now. 2cm on the garden table. 0.5c atm.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement