Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

COLD SPELL Jan 28th Onwards: Wintry Showers/Frosty, Some Snow Accumulations

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭Polo_Mint

Do we know if it's down for the night?

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭poppet84

Finally so nice to see a little covering in Lucan...even if it doesn't last long!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭lolie

Turn to rain they said :pac:
    After me telling a few people showers would turn to rain after dinner along comes a serious snow shower, almost blizzard like for a few minutes and everything white again.
    Cue the 'i thought you said it would rain' comments.
    Small shower since that turned sleety so temps must be creeping up.
    Pic from shower earlier.
    336902.png

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Snowbiee21

Polo_Mint wrote: »
    Do we know if it's down for the night?

We could be seen 3-5 centimetres tonight... 9 o'clock seems to be interesting for Dublin anyways..

• Registered Users Posts: 15,269 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

After foxrock there's nothing on the ground along the n11

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

just stopped now

no sign of the dreaded drip drip drip yet

Newcastle Dublin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Woodville56

Weird weather here in north midlands - sleet/snow falling, accompanied by thunder & lightening !

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Philip7304

poppet84 wrote: »
    Finally so nice to see a little covering in Lucan...even if it doesn't last long!

Yeah that was nice..nice white blanket covering the ground..was able to bring out my 16month baby girl to see her first snowmegedden event..☺

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Lads this heavy rain ME say will fall tonight, is there any chance it'll be Snow here in the North East.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭Slashermcguirk

Totally covered in sandyford and temperature has dropped to -0.5. Pretty good cover, didn't expect that. Been snowing heavily for over an hour now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,088 ✭✭✭OldRio

Well interesting day in Leitrim to say the least. Woke up to 3 inches of snow outside. Snowed for another hour. Then sunshine before midday. This afternoon we have had snow sleet and hail.
    Then to top it all off. Thunder and lightening and a loss of electricity for the last 90 minutes.
    Snowing again as I write this.

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭ffarrell7

Stopped snowing now in Castleknock/Blanch. Still white everywhere bars the main roads....snowed solid for an hour ..about 2 cm at best but enough to have a snow fight with my young daughter.....unexpected

Very heavy snow in Dublin mountains seemingly...up to 12 centimetres in places

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭Reckless Abandonment

Lads this heavy rain ME say will fall tonight, is there any chance it'll be Snow here in the North East.
    I'm no expert. But it looks a very close call. Temps and dp's are set to rise a bit over night. but not by much till tmrw

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Even Dublin got snow?
    mg2AFIT.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭h57xiucj2z946q

And traffic is down to a crawl again around R113 from Leopardstown. Damn snow.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,258 ✭✭✭highdef

2 more clumps of snow heading towards Dublin, the first arriving in western suburbs in the next 10 minutes and will affect the south side most. An even bigger area of snow will then arrive about 10/15 minutes after that first area eases.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,170 ✭✭✭WheatenBriar

Your Dublin snow blob with large flakes blowing in Gale gusts,has arrived in Arklow, should I be excited?

Hell yes :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭starlit

We seemed to have escaped the snow here in Kerry. Its been mainly rain, hail, sleet with windy and wintery showers with bits of sunshine. More likely to get blustery here rather than snow. Anything we got hasn't stuck to the ground for long. Just bitterly cold at the moment.

Seems like the North and East of Ireland and along the midlands seem to have got the most of the wintery weather and snow.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭fizzlepurplefuz

Got a nice amount of snow out here in Clondalkin :D:D and although its stopped snowing one guy had trouble getting his van up the hill and ended up sliding and kerbed his wheel :(
    Take it handy if you're out and about :):)

EDIT: it's snowing again :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,035 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

Has gotten a bit dangerous here, all the snow that fell earlier thawed partially and has now turned to a layer of ice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

snowing again:)

Newcastle Dublin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭Polo_Mint

Snowing really heavy again in citywest

• Registered Users Posts: 8,988 ✭✭✭finnharpsboy

lovely
    A5S1A6z.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

Throwing it down in maynooth/lexlip. Careful out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,206 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

Yep, it blobbin hard again in Tallaght - Belgard. Still noly about 2cm on ground

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭Burts Bee

Heavy enough snow shower here in Douglas Cork about 40 mins ago. Now clear skies. Rue the day I moved from the East coast!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,760 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Best snow of the day here in north Dublin. Not settling but nice to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭United road

Stepaside ground to a halt!
    It is pelting down. Place covered. Roads lethal. It is insane how slippy it is underneath the snow. If it freezes over tonight then god help us!!

Heavy enough snow shower here in Douglas Cork about 40 mins ago. Now clear skies. Rue the day I moved from the East coast!

• Advertisement

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement