Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

COLD SPELL Jan 28th Onwards: Wintry Showers/Frosty, Some Snow Accumulations

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,181 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

My electric blanket is on regardless of what happens.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭United road

It very marginal for the east coast early tonight but in the second half of the night highly likely to be rain or sleet at most. We might get some snow out of the next trough line but after that most of the variables are just the wrong side of marginal. I don't expect much if anything other than rain or sleet.

Typical!!
    Finally get a great flow of precip (one heavy shower after the other) and the other ingredients are missing to provide snow.

Chasing snow in Ireland would just break your heart!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,907 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

small shower here now and it's sleet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Ross_Mahon

Really bad up the Wicklow and Dublin mountains.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Pipmae

Here is a video I took driving up the forest park in Carlingford today. I accidentally turned off the recording when I was turning my wipers on, so you miss the top, but you can see near the end that the road was totally covered and it was fairly difficult to see where to go.

As for driving while using mobile phone, I dont care it wasnt on the highway. so zzzzzzz

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yAI2anG3kDk&feature=youtu.be
    That's brill - thanks for that. I'm even more in love with Carlingford now. :D

I'm in East Meath - Stamullen - not a flippin' snowflake.:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭justy182

It very marginal for the east coast early tonight but in the second half of the night highly likely to be rain or sleet at most. We might get some snow out of the next trough line but after that most of the variables are just the wrong side of marginal. I don't expect much if anything other than rain or sleet.

They seem convinced that it will be heavy snow over on NI Weather FB page. But won't the temp increase and it will be rain? Don't know why they are so convinced. They haven't been too bad prediction wise over the last few days though. They blocked me from commenting as I questionned why they issued the warning!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 194 ✭✭D.Campbell

Ross_Mahon wrote: »
    Really bad up the Wicklow and Dublin mountains.

Joseph were do u live ! Hope you got the milk with ya , looks fabulous though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,816 ✭✭✭Baggy Trousers

This thread is only for Wed/Thurs at the moment - is there much chance of snow tomorrow or Saturday/Sunday?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,181 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Temperature had made its way all the way to 6.1c about 3-4 minutes ago. A hail shower then arrived and dropped the temperture to 5.1c within 2 mins!

The wind here is scary! The orange warning is not failing itself this time!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,170 ✭✭✭WheatenBriar

Arrived in Drumgough, She's deep :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

ah the Rain has returned....oh how i missed it :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭hollster2

Arrived in Drumgough, She's deep :D
    pics? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

No more snow for the Greystones area.

3.2C

DP -0.5C

• Registered Users Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭icesnowfrost

heavy wet snow :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭200motels

We haven't had a thing down here.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,326 ✭✭✭arctictree

+1.3c here (Roundwood). Getting marginal. Looks like a heavy shower on the way though on the radar.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭icesnowfrost

Here is a video I took driving up the forest park in Carlingford today. I accidentally turned off the recording when I was turning my wipers on, so you miss the top, but you can see near the end that the road was totally covered and it was fairly difficult to see where to go.

As for driving while using mobile phone, I dont care it wasnt on the highway. so zzzzzzz

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yAI2anG3kDk&feature=youtu.be

class man. did u make it to the car park. im heading up slieve foy tomorrow. cant wait

• Registered Users Posts: 23,760 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

This thread is only for Wed/Thurs at the moment - is there much chance of snow tomorrow or Saturday/Sunday?

Not tomorrow. Later tomorrow night, through Saturday and Sunday in the north and down along some Atlantic counties. Can't rule out some snow showers elsewhere but it's mostly the north.

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭coolerboy

Heavy rain and snow falling here atm in Louth.:(

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

Lashing rain now here in Lusk... oh the woes of living on the bleedin margins of snow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭Saganist

Rained away.

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭ffarrell7

="Scubadevils;94064942"]Lashing rain now here in Lusk... oh the woes of living on the bleedin margins of snow.[/quote]

Rain and sleet in Dublin 15 starting to wash away the lying snow...won't last long now...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭JanuarySnowstor

Re Polar Low

No it is not is my verdict.
    Polar lows always give snow and don't involve a rise in upper temps such as this one
    Am in shock that the Met suggest it is!?

Saturday/Sunday looks ripe for one though

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Mech1

I took the same route home tonight as last night, some difference! Kilternan to D16 via Johnnie Foxes, video processing now will post asap

• Registered Users Posts: 24,192 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Yeah seeing the D15 rain, i hope this mess doesnt freeze or itll be utterly lethal.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,181 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Not tomorrow. Later tomorrow night, through Saturday and Sunday in the north and down along some Atlantic counties. Can't rule out some snow showers elsewhere but it's mostly the north.

How far down along?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,749 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Temperature rising a lot .

From freezing and ice to 2.8C and rising.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭Macy0161

arctictree wrote: »
    +1.3c here (Roundwood). Getting marginal. Looks like a heavy shower on the way though on the radar.
    Just back home from training - thaw well on I'd say (haven't checked the temp). Thought it was the roads were gritted when I came back out, but the drive is also thawing. An hour made a big difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Mech1

Mech1 wrote: »
    I took the same route home tonight as last night, some difference! Kilternan to D16 video processing now will post asap

And some amount of feckin eejits up there or at least trying to get up there in Civics, Bmw's etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,686 ✭✭✭Pretzill

Most of the lying snow now washed away by rain - had some really big lightening flashes and close thunder - you can still see the snow on the hills as it's a bright moon night between the showers. South Sligo.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement