Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

COLD SPELL Jan 28th Onwards: Wintry Showers/Frosty, Some Snow Accumulations

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Lenny5

Ross_Mahon wrote: »
    Really bad up the Wicklow and Dublin mountains.

This wins post of the winter for me! Class video music is perfect!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,181 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Steopo wrote: »
    Some photos from just outside Monaghan earlier today

cWVIcu.jpg

exgHk9JKj

How....! What!!!!

How does this happen in monaghan and yet I dont even get a small flurry of wet snow here in clare!

Its like scenes from 2010 in them photos.
    Thats some sexy snow!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Getting windy again in D20

• Registered Users Posts: 24,192 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

What's 18z in lay man's terms?

1800 hrs at Greenwich, London. The Z is zulu, used to denote a standard time for military coordination and also in meteorology. So all other time zones can calculate their own local time relative to zulu time. 18z is a forecast issued at 6pm london time. 06z 00z 12z etc

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭whatsername42

Quite wild and windy now in dublin 15. Howling outside. Quite nice listening to the wind while tucked up in bed. No snow though. 😒

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Is it just me or should we be worried now :eek:

WEB_sat_vis_eur.jpg
    what does that chart show us?

A massive oil slick on the way ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Mech1

Im gonna play the Dublin airport ATIS on my ATC feed at 23.30 if anyone is interested.

This is what im talking about : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Automatic_Terminal_Information_Service

You can tune into my feed by clicking the link below in my signature. My feed is the first one of the two available on that link.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

so is it weather related or are we supposed to be afraid of Europe?:pac:

It's all related dude
    Ireland, Britain Europe etc
    All the same apparently

• Registered Users Posts: 7,405 ✭✭✭fletch

Mech1 wrote: »
    Video processed now Johnnie foxes to D16 tonight approx. 19.45hrs, includes a few rethinking drivers in the wrong type of vehicle.

Fantastic footage....off topic but what dashcam is that?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Schadenfreudia

Video processed now Johnnie foxes to D16 tonight approx. 19.45hrs, includes a few rethinking drivers in the wrong type of vehicle.

Snap! That's my "snow patrol" route.

People who can't drive in those conditions should really stay at home, they are a hazard both to themselves and those of us who can! :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,170 ✭✭✭WheatenBriar

w5Df7Zo

From above Drumgough at about 1700ft asl on route up to lugnaquilla, though scarey there now in Blizzard,still snowing up there but raining down in Glenmalure lodge (yummy Guinness :D)
    Hard to gauge how much snow as a howling Gale was drifting it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,088 ✭✭✭pauldry

flippin eck. saw norn iron news

they had snow up to their knees (if you are 2!)

Any night in Glenmalure Lodge is a good night !

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭horsefarm

There was some good sideways stickability to the snow in dublin 16 tonight. I'd say that wind will ruin it by the morning though

image_zpsrhd6ajmy.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭cowana

Yes we have a bit of snow up here. Nothing to do with the vehicle but more the tyres. I live here and drive a rear wheel drive with winter tyres. Sick of mupets coming up in 4wd and getting stuck.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,414 ✭✭✭Trebor176

Looking out the window, it doesn't seem like it snowed several hours ago causing all sorts of traffic chaos. There's barely a trace of the stuff now thanks to the rain and wind.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Mech1

.off topic but what dashcam is that?

GoPro Hero4 Silver

• Registered Users Posts: 15,429 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

cowana wrote: »
    Yes we have a bit of snow up here. Nothing to do with the vehicle but more the tyres. I live here and drive a rear wheel drive with winter tyres. Sick of mupets coming up in 4wd and getting stuck.

Is there a thaw on with the wind at the moment up there?

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Supercell wrote: »
    Is there a thaw on with the wind at the moment up there?

There sure is! It's becoming stormy, it's cloudly, nothing falling and the snow cover is in tatters - despite a temperature of just +1c here.

Maybe up in Glencullen it's still freezing?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Heavy rain here now in Waterford City. Temp 3.7c DP 2.0c. A case of plenty of precipitation over the last few days but just the wrong side of marginal to get decent snow.

www.waterfordcityweather.com

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

cowana wrote: »

Also my "go to" route when the snow line is just that little bit higher than my location. Conditions weren't as bad around 9pm. Last year when it snowed up there I passed a BMW X5 half way up an ESB pole after taking a sharp bend on the Ballyedmonduff rd too quick. Useless without the correct rubber. I won't go near the mountains without the winter tyres on my Forester. Did it once,never again.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,672 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Heavy rain here now in Waterford City. Temp 3.7c DP 2.0c. A case of plenty of precipitation over the last few days but just the wrong side of marginal to get decent snow.

2.8 now Mick, Comeraghs will be like the Alps ;)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

2.8 now Mick, Comeraghs will be like the Alps ;)

Yes a real mix now Jerry of rain/sleet and snow even to lower levels. Temp has really dropped. 2.2 DP 1.2 now

Looking at the weather forecast for the weekend, my hopes of snow are still very valid!

Dew point has gone above freezing now for the first time in about 12 hours The DP was so low here due to low humidity during today.

(Location =West Clare)

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭snowstorm445

Loads of snow showers in Dublin today, much more than expected! :) Now if only the snow would stick...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,438 ✭✭✭NSAman

Forget the snow, the wind has just woken me up, it is strongest I have heard it in an age.. City Center here.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

NSAman wrote: »
    Forget the snow, the wind has just woken me up, it is strongest I have heard it in an age.. City Center here.
    Dublin city centre?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭icesnowfrost

Great forecast from MT on next week. Snow is coming

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭JanuarySnowstor

Fab charts this morning
    Can Monday Tuesday be believed
    If yes snow for all of us with the southwest tipped for several inches

• Advertisement

MT's forecast this morning was interesting to say the least. It looks to get very cold and wintry in the East and north (and Midlands) with lows down to -8 even during the daytime. Sadly, what he gave as my location (south Clare) will receive 2-5c and rain/sleet.

Winter should just be cancelled for my part of the county.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement