Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

COLD SPELL Jan 28th Onwards: Wintry Showers/Frosty, Some Snow Accumulations

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

Rougies wrote: »
    18z GFS Tuesday morning. Id take it :pac:

WquNTe3.png

yes please.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Nabber

ECM0-72.GIF

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Rougies

sunbabe08 wrote: »
    yes please.

One of the rare charts that everyone would be happy with ;) And at only 60hrs away too, even rarer! It's gonna change, for better or for worse, we'll wait and see.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭sean555

light snow shower just north of Galway city.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭lolie

As my little niece would say, woo hooo!
    Heading out now and would not be surprised to wake up to a completely different chart:)
    57-779UK.GIF?31-18

Link for the irl & uk chart http://www.meteociel.fr/modeles/gfs/royaume-uni/precipitations/3h.htm

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,907 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Tuesday is gonna be bloody cold! particularly in Ulster and Leinster with a sharp north-easterly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭typhoony

it's going to be cold but I don't expect windchill to be a factor

nice little streamer setting up off the South West coast, might be a surpirse snow fall from it inland in Kerry

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭yorlum11

Frequent heavy snow showers entering north Mayo and making their way down towards Galway. One just passed Westport. Temp -1 dew point -3.

think it might just miss the city bit looks like anywhere east of loughrea will get a covering from that clump as it;s maintaining it's shape

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭yorlum11

typhoony wrote:
    think it might just miss the city bit looks like anywhere east of loughrea will get a covering from that clump as it;s maintaining it's shape

Looks like Galway city might catch the west edge of it. Nice big fluffy snow. Proper stuff.Tuam and Loughrea ideally situated for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭Pete2k

Heavy snow from dat big clump dats moving down over east mayo/west roscommon. Settling on roads as well now too

• Registered Users Posts: 16,842 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

we had some light snow this morning in north west London, before it quickly turned sleety and then to rain. It would be nice to be back home, i'm kind of fed up of hoping for a proper fall of snow here.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,181 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

I am just watching the showers pass by in the distance, all of them avoiding me:P There is a galway and arran island effect on my part of clare with north westertly winds. All the showers have died out or avoid me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

we had some light snow this morning in north west London, before it quickly turned sleety and then to rain. It would be nice to be back home, i'm kind of fed up of hoping for a proper fall of snow here.

I've given up even bothering to follow forecasts, even with the met office having multiple warnings out I know we're not going to see anything worthwhile. Seemingly we had some snow overnight last night but it was all gone by the time I'd gotten up, unfortunately thats about as interesting as its been this winter.

Currently 1C here at the moment and the beer that is sitting outside on the windowsill is also at 1C :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,842 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Harps wrote: »
    I've given up even bothering to follow forecasts, even with the met office having multiple warnings out I know we're not going to see anything worthwhile. Seemingly we had some snow overnight last night but it was all gone by the time I'd gotten up, unfortunately thats about as interesting as its been this winter.

I don't see it changing anytime soon. The high, which is set to become established over us next week, could hang around for a couple of weeks before the Atlantic gets back in. Perhaps late February might deliver a scandi high. That's just clutching at straws, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Snowing and sticking outside Castlebar .

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭ElizaT33

I drove home from Kells to near Kingscourt this eve after being in Blanchardstown. When just past Kells was met with white roads (kind of like ice balls, as opposed to lying snow) - after a while all went back to clear roads (and good gritting by the Council this year BTW!). Then half way between Nobber and Kingscourt - was snowing quite heavily, but I guess it was the strong wind that made the snow kind of SWIRLY lying on the road - never saw that before! VERY cold night up here - wind making it feel like MINUS 6/7

• Registered Users Posts: 3,035 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

That shower heading over Galway lost the will to live just before it got here. Just a small flurry from it.

• Advertisement

That shower heading over Galway lost the will to live just before it got here. Just a small flurry from it.
    Just like the one that we had earlier this evening, looks like a flock of seagulls visited the car.

Just like the one that we had earlier this evening, looks like a flock of seagulls visited the car.

Ahahaha.
    All shower die very quickly this evening. Its rather disappointing.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭sliabh beagh

Some more pics from my adventures yesterday.

love the pics. thanks for talking the effort to get up there. did u reach the summit? have looked at that mountain few times from newry direction and always thought it a cracking view. would love to get up some day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,849 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

Was that today :)

Sorry for the late reply, yes it was today (Sat)
    Need to get a bit of height but plenty of hard snow up there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭icesnowfrost

love the pics. thanks for talking the effort to get up there. did u reach the summit? have looked at that mountain few times from newry direction and always thought it a cracking view. would love to get up some day.
    I did reach the summit yes. It was the hardest climb iv had ever because the pace was so slow because of deep snow. But we'll worth it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,427 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

God i better get my snow fix soon, these pictures are driving me crazy!

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 655 ✭✭✭RED L4 0TH

18Z Euro4. Looks marginal, especially for the West, for Monday evening. Cold uppers moving down from the North though.

15020218_2_3118.gif
    15020218_2_3118.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 15,427 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Very marginal, especially for coastal areas. Wicklow mountains going to be Alpine next week.
    Any kind of warm sector in the mix and snow in marginal areas is going to be sleety/rainy

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,907 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

I don't think the real prospect of snow get's going till Tuesday tho?

• Advertisement

Gonzo wrote: »
    I don't think the real prospect of snow get's going till Tuesday tho?

Late monday maybe. It still depends on temperatures and the location of percip, but it looks like a nice event.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement