Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

COLD SPELL Jan 28th Onwards: Wintry Showers/Frosty, Some Snow Accumulations

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,389 ✭✭✭sjb25

zerks wrote: »
    I await Co.Wexford to be bathed in sunshine for the week as the rest get something.

Sure we have ta be minding our strawberrys round these parts :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,181 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

I can confirm the Snow that is shown around limerick and ennis on the Weather Radar on Netweather is NOT accurate. Ive just driven through these areas and there is mostly clear skies and certainly no snow or rain.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

Carnacalla wrote: »
    I can confirm the Snow that is shown around limerick and ennis on the Weather Radar on Netweather is NOT accurate. Ive just driven through these areas and there is mostly clear skies and certainly no snow or rain.

Thats anomalous propagation , aka radar noise.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,258 ✭✭✭highdef

Looks to be just anaprop anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭Macy0161

Countryfile ramp! For the east coast at least.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,899 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

My usual forecasters are showing virtually no precipitation on Monday or Tuesday for Galway.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,012 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Countryfile showed the front falling as mostly snow right down the whole country in the early hours of Tuesday morning, Followed by a good chunk of streamers throughout Wednesday right down the east coast.

They did stress however the uncertainty of it all and it really looks like nobody will have a proper handle on this until tomorrows 12Z runs.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,946 ✭✭✭✭Villain

The first half of the country file forecast, poor sound but you can see the graphics

https://flic.kr/p/qJDLuc

• Registered Users Posts: 3,035 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

Discodog wrote: »
    My usual forecasters are showing virtually no precipitation on Monday or Tuesday for Galway.
    HIRLAM showed 3-5mm precip earlier, proving hard to predict though

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭sumtings

This way snow

• Advertisement

sumtings wrote: »
    This way snow

There is a very erotic shape in north west of ireland......

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭DIF

I dunno boys n girls - this whole most anticipated snowfest is getting wishy-washery by the hour - but if the rest of the week is as bright and dry as it was today in the nice cold winter sunshine so be it... it's a welcome change from the drab grey mild wet winters we usually have. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Daniel2590

There is a very erotic shape in north west of ireland......

Dunno about you but my crown jewels don't look triangular :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

12Z ECM for Monday and Tuesday shows light precip over Ulster and west/southwest parts. Dry elsewhere.

xm8I0LK.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

12Z ECM for Monday and Tuesday shows light precip over Ulster and west/southwest parts. Dry elsewhere.

xm8I0LK.gif

Will be interesting to see what Met Eireann will lean towards , ECM or hi res models. I know they don't use NMM at all ... so just hirlam and harmonie

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Latest weather forecast on bbc, showed Sw Donegal white with showers all through tomorrow morning and Tuesday morning, it was quite different to the farming forecast. Fingers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭aisling86

• Registered Users Posts: 8,672 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Severe frost tonight, already -3 at Waterford airport.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Philip7304

Pangea wrote: »
    Latest weather forecast on bbc, showed Sw Donegal white with showers all through tomorrow morning and Tuesday morning, it was quite different to the farming forecast. Fingers crossed.

Hi Can I ask what forecasts should we be waiting on in the next few hours...

From experience has there been many unexpected results that were not forecast...

Thanks

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

And the WRF-NMM showing this for Tuesday morning. The front reaching all parts of the country. Its anybody's guess now to what will happen. A nowcast if ever there was one.

337316.jpg

• Advertisement

Iancar29 wrote: »
    Will be interesting to see what Met Eireann will lean towards , ECM or hi res models. I know they don't use NMM at all ... so just hirlam and harmonie

At this range, just HIRLAM and HARMONIE I'd say.

69Xg6cU.jpg

Iancar29 wrote: »

While I find NMM4 very good in general it has really been struggling with cold temps in Ireland since the last update. The temps the 12z are shown for now are pretty far off, my station is already down to -3.9c with several Met station showing sub zero temps too.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,672 ✭✭✭Speak Now

And the WRF-NMM showing this for Tuesday morning. The front reaching all parts of the country. Its anybody's guess now to what will happen. A nowcast if ever there was one.

337316.jpg

Im calling shenanigans, photoshopped to show heaviest precipitation in your front garden ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭icesnowfrost

baby its cold outside
    temp_uk.png

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

No rain mention in the weather forecast. *squeal*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭StewartGriffin

we dont know if its going to snow or rain, and we dont know where this snow or rain will happen.

:eek:

Begone from this thread, we don't take kindly to you logical-thinker-types around these parts.:mad:.

According to the RTE weather woman, some parts of the country will wake to a light dusting of snow tuesday morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

According to the RTE weather woman, some parts of the country will wake to a light dusting of snow tuesday morning.

Wasn't sure if I heard that correctly.......?

Sounds about right. And a few lucky spots in the west/southwest will get a bit more than a dusting.

• Advertisement

Yep 15 out of the 25 Met Eireann stations reported temps of 0c or below at 21:00 with Gurteen in Tipp lowest at -3c, while my station has hit -4.1c

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement