Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

COLD SPELL Jan 28th Onwards: Wintry Showers/Frosty, Some Snow Accumulations

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,035 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

That's it, I'm signing out.Whatever happens now happens. Radar from here on in.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,181 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

sdanseo wrote: »
    If you mean the thin "band" which is pretty much in a straight line from Shannon to Waterford, that's typical of radar interference and not actual rain.

No I mean the band extending from mayo to kerry.

Also the planes overpassing at 30-40kft today are exceptionally loud.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,757 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

There should be a warning for some heavy snowfall in the northwest, west, midlands and southwest and accumulations here. Can't rule out some snow showers in the east either later tonight. Going to be very cold tonight in the areas that remain dry.

The precipitation that will bring the snow is gathering now just northwest of Scotland

http://www.raintoday.co.uk/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭StewartGriffin

There should be a warning for some heavy snowfall in the northwest, west, midlands and southwest and accumulations here.

Cool. How heavy is heavy?

Cool. How heavy is heavy?

Heavy:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭smallwonder

There hasn't been too much of a thaw here today. Ice is still on the grass and mountains are beautifully white.
    It will be interesting to see what tonight will bring:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

Oh dear. 12Z HIRLAM has downgraded snow potential even more. More limited to the west and less PPN overall.

http://www.ilmateenistus.ee/ilm/prognoosid/mudelprognoosid/euroopa/?lang=en#layers/sadufaas,presmslp,presmslv

• Registered Users Posts: 3,164 ✭✭✭Rebelbrowser

Oh dear. 12Z HIRLAM has downgraded snow potential even more. More limited to the west and less PPN overall.

http://www.ilmateenistus.ee/ilm/prognoosid/mudelprognoosid/euroopa/?lang=en#layers/sadufaas,presmslp,presmslv

Beginning to regret mentioning possibility of snow to my 7 year old......

• Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

On the plus side, it brings streamers brushing along coastal eastern fringes overnight, although i'd say they'll be a wintry mix if the surface winds have an easterly component.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,164 ✭✭✭Rebelbrowser

Sorry if this has been posted already but the Euro 4 is still raging against the dying of the light....

15020306_0206.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

So many different views! Totally confused at this stage so like another poster will keep the eye on the radar and the lamp post.

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭downwiththatsor

Sorry if this has been posted already but the Euro 4 is still raging against the dying of the light....

Thats the 6am Euro4 the latest one at 12 is rolling out right now

Is it snowing anywhere yet? (Or raining?)

Im covered in blue by the Met Eireann rainfall radar yet there is no rain around. Visibility has decreased but not even mist out.

15020306_0206.gif

That's still the 06Z. Precip has shifted further west on the 12Z if you compare the precip accumulation charts. Still, it shows more than the HIRLAM.

These will be the last model runs that matter now anyway, radar from now on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,816 ✭✭✭Baggy Trousers

I want to cry...

(and for those tears to freeze into big fluffy flakes of snow!)

Carnacalla wrote: »

Im covered in blue by the Met Eireann rainfall radar yet there is no rain around. Visibility has decreased but not even mist out.

Just drizzle and light rain. Some of that is so light it doesn't reach the ground, that's why you see it on the radar but not at ground level.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,757 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

If you don't want to drive yourself completely mad the best thing to do if you are in the east is to stop looking at the radar now and come back at 12 tonight. Small possibility we may get some snow showers coming on shore later on.

If in the west though enjoy.

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Snowbiee21

If you don't want to drive yourself completely mad the best thing to do if you are in the east is to stop looking at the radar now and come back at 12 tonight. Small possibility we may get some snow showers coming on shore later on.

. Dublin maybe a light dusting huh?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭icesnowfrost

i hate to say it but it just doesnt look good for the east at all. totally dependent on a few streamers from the irish sea :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

Its all maddening :-(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Im confused as to whats going on at this stage lol.
    What time rougly is the west coast getting the rain, I mean snow? :)

Kermit, could you give you expert opinion on whether I will get snow here in west clare, (kilrush area?)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

I have never seen, so much will it, won't it.I'm going with it won't easier that way

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Nabber

Poor aul Dublin.

We haven't had an upgrade all winter.

ouch, feel sorry for the West Coast now

15020206_0200.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭yorlum11

Carnacalla wrote:

Light rain in Westport

• Registered Users Posts: 34 kmoneill

Mt's update in an hours time will be interesting..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭WallyGUFC

So by my reading of the thread, Met Eireann have been right to make little to no fuss about this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,170 ✭✭✭WheatenBriar

Blending all models at this stage is your friend

555 radio forecast by Eoghan Sherlock did say some accumulation in Munster Ulster and connaught and the Midlands over night but turning to rain and sleet tomorrow as it retreats to the Westfield coast

Really sums up Ocean influenced air to me
    Unreliable

Roll on a North easterly before March please

• Closed Accounts Posts: 655 ✭✭✭RED L4 0TH

yorlum11 wrote: »
    Light rain in Westport

Positive DP's along the western coastal margins. Better just inland though (Knock airport, Claremorris).

pointrosee_uk_tuk2.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭icesnowfrost

dew points are perfect.....were is the precipitation :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement