Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

COLD SPELL Jan 28th Onwards: Wintry Showers/Frosty, Some Snow Accumulations

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭IT-Guy

Woke up about 10 mins ago and had a look outside, here's the view from my bedroom window in Rathcormac, Co.Cork:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

:D coming down nicely here in cork city. my inner child is happy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Snowing in Cork City but very wet don't think it will stick :(

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭jonnybegood

-8 now north county Dublin, just
    Thawing the car out at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 3,164 ✭✭✭Rebelbrowser

northgirl wrote: »
    Snowing in Cork City but very wet don't think it will stick :([/vquote]

Sticking here in Douglas surrounds. Still snowing but just about everywhere white now so quite pretty.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Schadenfreudia

My God you folk up all night?! Stamina.

Early dawn here, clear sky, calm and a hoar frost now covering the land - temp was down to -5.3C - the lowest in three years, -5.1C now, though I see the Airports both beat that by a good bit.

Good to see it's snowing in my second favourite city of Cork - they deserve it:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,482 ✭✭✭Jpmarn

Got a nice fall of snow near Limerick City. There is almost 1cm of snow on the ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭hawkwing

-8 in Dublin Airport at 0700 and -7 in Meath,met gave -5 last night as the min,MT -2,so nicely off there.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Just seen my friend and neighbour managing to take a whole 5 minutes to move 3 parking spaces ☺ lol

• Registered Users Posts: 14,413 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

barely a flake in sw donegal this morning. had more yesterday and Sunday
    just been out drizzle and 0.6c.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Sticking here in Douglas surrounds. Still snowing but just about everywhere white now so quite pretty.

Down in lee fields, the asylum roof is kind of white but so far it's just not sticking down here. Jealous! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

hawkwing wrote: »
    -8 in Dublin Airport at 0700 and -7 in Meath,met gave -5 last night as the min,MT -2,so nicely off there.

Yeah it seems to have got colder here as the morning as gone on, i was up at 5 and the grass was still green enough, its white now and freezing fog to

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Ahorseofaman

A good 1 to 1.5 inches here at the foot of the Ballyhoura's.Beautiful:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,141 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

hawkwing wrote: »
    very odd? A few kms away I only got down to -4.4c last night (-3.8c now)
    It wasn't even my lowest recording this winter which was -4.5c in Jan.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,672 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Jpmarn wrote: »
    Got a nice fall of snow near Limerick City. There is almost 1cm of snow on the ground.

Which is it? A nice fall or almost 1cm ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭tails_naf

South tipp, near Galtees, snowing and sticking, heaven!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,672 ✭✭✭Speak Now

very odd? A few kms away I only got down to -4.4c last night (-3.8c now)
    It wasn't even my lowest recording this winter which was -4.5c in Jan.

Dublin airports station must surely be a bit of a frost hollow.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,181 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Lashing rain west Clare with a temp of 3.
    7c. I knew it wouldn't snoe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭force eleven

Nothing doing at all in North Offaly, and no snow neither :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭compsys

Dublin airports station must surely be a bit of a frost hollow.

Don't get me started on DA station. It's often the coldest place in the country. Especially in summer.

There's a thread already open on it. Seemingly it's actually in a good location (all the other ME stations are just in bad ones). Either way, it often produces quite low readings on clear nights in summer or winter compared to other stations in the country.

Glad to hear Cork's getting some snow. If only Dublin would :-(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭Pepp1989

A snapshot of about 5 miles north of mallow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

About 3-5cm of nice dry powder snow here in England, still coming down nicely now. First real covering of the winter :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,287 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Little layer of the white stuff on my car when I came out this morning, nice surprise :)

• Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭tylercollins

I set my alarm for 4am, got up and looked outside and it was completely white. Back to bed and woke before half 7 and it was all gone!

On another note, yesterday was ground hog day, and it was a nice day, so another 6 weeks of winter? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Nabber

Some beatiful cloud formations over the Irish sea

• Registered Users Posts: 7,405 ✭✭✭fletch

Had a spinning session on the way to work on the bike this morning as the gears were frozen into place :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭BLIZZARD7

-4.3C here after a low of -4.9C - D14, very heavy frost. Coldest night of the winter so far. I can see those bubbly clouds just out in the Irish sea... Within touching distance.

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭ffarrell7

BLIZZARD7 wrote: »
    -4.3C here after a low of -4.9C - D14, very heavy frost. Coldest night of the winter so far. I can see those bubbly clouds just out in the Irish sea... Within touching distance.

-5 in Castlrknock Dublin 15. Canal frozen solid.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

For the snow bunnies in Limerick, get the most of it now as its already melting

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭dacogawa

Looks like a little streamer over Greystones now, building a bit out at sea, any reports from there?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement