Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

COLD SPELL Jan 28th Onwards: Wintry Showers/Frosty, Some Snow Accumulations

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,029 ✭✭✭shedweller

-8 in slane with heavy frost on the grass. There was a fog earlier and that has mostly burned off. Beautiful morning!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭BLIZZARD7

Anyone getting snow from this???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

dacogawa wrote: »
    Looks like a little streamer over Greytones now, building a bit out at sea, any reports from there?

I'm looking out from Rathnew and can see the cloud out at sea but it doesn't look like moving far enough west to make land.

Currently -7 where I am.

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭The_Shotz

Clear blue skies in Waterford City with very heavy frost, beautiful day.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Boo, no snow, even the frost is gone.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

Glorious crisp morning here, everything sheeted in glistening white frost and ice this morning. Sun is out now(nrth meath/cavan)

On a side note, 10 deaths reported in the states with Chicago reporting its snowiest Feb day on record getting as much snow yesterday as it did in the month of January.
    Boston has declared a snow emergency and banned on street parking!!
    14 inches expected to fall there TODAY alone!!! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Limerick91

Have to go to west Clare in a while, any update on frost snow from there

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

-8 at 7am eh? This has to be the coldest morning in Dublin since Dec 2010. I saw sheets of ice forming in the water basins around the IFSC/Convention Centre area and on the Royal Canal - have not seen it that way since 2010! Beautiful hoar frost on the fields this morning out my way where it is still semi-rural!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,424 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Dublin airport taf giving a chance of light snow showers from 21:00 tonight to 06:00 tomorrow, there's some hope!

TAF AMD EIDW 030626Z 0306/0406 26007KT 5000 BR FEW010
    PROB30
    TEMPO 0306/0307 0600 FZFG
    BECMG 0307/0309 9999 NSW
    BECMG 0313/0315 34013KT
    BECMG 0316/0318 01013KT
    PROB30
    TEMPO 0321/0406 5000 -SHSN BKN012

Trying to keep the candle burning here!

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,170 ✭✭✭WheatenBriar

Nne breeze now in Arklow, some clouds rolling in off the sea but mostly sunny
    Temp up to -1c

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭hollster2

Checked the therm outside at 7am it was at -11 :eek: you would have think it snowed!

hollster2 wrote: »
    Checked the therm outside at 7am it was at -11 :eek: you would have think it snowed!
    Ah,you need to hang that off something in the middle of the garden, it must be too near the frost :)

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭Strong Life in Dublin

DOCARCH wrote: »
    -6c (at Dublin AP) at 0630!

-4.3c here (in south Dublin) atm...lowest temp, funnily enough, since 03.02.12.

It was -6 in Dublin on the 19/01/2015

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭BLIZZARD7

Lowest temp at his house since 2012 he means.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,985 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Yeah, it might well have been...but not here (in my part of south Dublin)

Overnight low of 4.7c here (in my part of south Dublin), the lowest temp recorded here since 3rd February 2012...3 years to the day.

-3.8c atm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭hollster2

Ah,you need to hang that off something in the middle of the garden, it must be too near the frost :)

Hehe its on the shed:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,816 ✭✭✭Baggy Trousers

I ran to the curtains this morning like a 5 year old. Disappointing but ever hopeful and it's way better than last winter!

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭vizualpics

Pangea wrote: »
    Boo, no snow, even the frost is gone.

Hate to say I told you so last night, I knew we would get nothing more than rain!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭icesnowfrost

No snow in drogheda :( but a beautiful hard frost everywhere is white

• Registered Users Posts: 15,424 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Showers visible just out to sea, wouldn't take much!

337503.png

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭LordNorbury

Supercell wrote: »
    Showers visible just out to sea, wouldn't take much!

337503.png

If we all got out our hairdryers and pointed them into the west, I wonder would it make any difference haha?!?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,985 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Looks like Wicklow town about to get something from that in the next 15 minutes or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,088 ✭✭✭pauldry

Some snow in sligo town of wet variety.

Melting fast. Didnt get to camera on time

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭redsky7

Cloud that looks like it's full of snow in bray is taunting me by stalling about a mile or two from my house.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭vickers209

Dark clouds rolling in over rathnew thought i seen a flake or two falling few mins ago im working outdoors

• Registered Users Posts: 20 RoLad001

Low of -6.9 in naas at 7.30 this morning. Beautiful morning

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Easterly Beasterly

Some dark clouds have rolled in off the sea here in Shankill, Co. Dublin. It's ice cold too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

Dublin Apt's provisional low was -7.7c this morn (may differ on met.ie tomorrow), which would make it the lowest min there since April 6th, 2013, when it then got down to -5.6c

Some other lows beyond that:

-6.1 on February 3rd 2012
    -6.8 on January 6th 2011

and it's absolute lowest since the -9.1c recorded there on Dec 26th, 2010

New Moon

I've a roving reporter up in Greystones who is to text if it snows,it's gone very dull up there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,672 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Oneiric 3 wrote: »
    Dublin Apt's provisional low was -7.7c this morn (may differ on met.ie tomorrow), which would make it the lowest min there since April 6th, 2013, when it then got down to -5.6c

:) longer then ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement