Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

COLD SPELL Jan 28th Onwards: Wintry Showers/Frosty, Some Snow Accumulations

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭john why

Oh baby come on, starting to cloud up in D15

• Site Banned Posts: 824 ✭✭✭Shiraz 4.99

I can't see it folks, today's streamers have been very limp & any small fronts are just fizzling out in the coastal counties, plus the temperatures are probably too high anyway.

Today was to be the greatest chance for all, it's what most have waited a week for.
    Someone with standing in this forum needs to do the decent thing & call this.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Calibos wrote: »
    OK. Yes. I'm going to go there. Here we go......

Feck this...Roll On Spring!!

:D:D

Yep, it might even be time to get the lawnmower out

• Registered Users Posts: 23,757 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

I can't see it folks, today's streamers have been very limp & any small fronts are just fizzling out in the coastal counties, plus the temperatures are probably too high anyway.

Today was to be the greatest chance for all, it's what most have waited a week for.
    Someone with standing in this forum needs to do the decent thing & call this.

There is nothing to call. Chances are it stays dry. And it's dry and cold for the rest of the week with very low night time temperatures and plenty of sunshine by day. This place won't be as busy with us under high pressure for the forseeable future that's for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 lucy_s

Beautiful blue sky's in D24 all morning but it's getting cloudy now. It's 3 with a due point of -1 (accuweather! Best I can do!) Am I right in saying anything that falls wil just be a rain/snow mix?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

Some light snow flakes falling down in NW Donegal, not enough to stop traffic, but i can see the snow packed Muckish mountain gleaming in the distance, certainly stands out!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,984 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

The cloud people are reporting is most likely to an area of thin cloud moving down from the NW...http://www.sat24.com/en/gb...to thin to produce anything!

Clear and sunny here (in Dublin 16). 2.3c atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭acassells80

Sunny in Dublin City Centre

• Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

Very nice view of the cumulus clouds dotted down the Irish sea this morning
    11:20 UTC
    4zdcDOr.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

Paths still frosty in shaded areas of D9.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,196 ✭✭✭pad199207

Well had the coldest temperature since 2010 here this morning with a low of -6.9c. Temps really struggling today with a high 2.4c. Clouded over now with a snowy looking sky but i know quite well that nothing will fall from it.

1.4c

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭chris2007

it got to -8 last night north dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 28,867 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Well I for one am relieved that the predictions for Dublin have come to nothing - and I know that won't sit well with a lot of the keen snow-watchers on this thread.

It might be nice watching snow fall if you're (already) at home with nowhere to be, but if you're on the roads or trying to get home it's like the apocalypse hit when the first flakes start to stick.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,035 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

DOCARCH wrote: »
    The cloud people are reporting is most likely to an area of thin cloud moving down from the NW...http://www.sat24.com/en/gb...to thin to produce anything!

Clear and sunny here (in Dublin 16). 2.3c atm.
    I read that a bit fast and was wondering who "the cloud people" were and what were they reporting?
    :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Nabber

Weather is going to be beautiful. Imagine this in July :D

UW144-21.GIF?03-05

• Registered Users Posts: 18,181 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

I woke up this morning to 4.6c and RAIN. So disappointing! Ah well. I will keep onto my snow hopes for a few more weeks!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,984 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

I read that a bit fast and was wondering who "the cloud people" were and what were they reporting?
    :cool:

:p You know who they are...need I name names?

They have sent their cloud here (to Dublin 16) now! Temp was starting to drop again, but that drop has been halted. 1.7c atm. High of 2.6c today.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,181 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Tonight will be very cold and mainly dry, with clear skies. But isolated wintry showers are likely on northern and some east facing coasts. Very frosty once again, with some ice on untreated surfaces. A few patches of mist and fog may form dawn also. Lowest temperatures zero to minus 8 C.

Very very cold tonight in some areas, be careful!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭BLIZZARD7

DOCARCH wrote: »
    :p You know who they are...need I name names?

They have sent their cloud here (to Dublin 16) now! Temp was starting to drop again, but that drop has been halted. 1.7c atm. High of 2.6c today.

Same here - now 1.4C and dropping again.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Schadenfreudia

Dusk after another almost cloudless sunny day. Max was 1.8C, frost remained intact in the shade, ice on the ponds undisturbed.

Still 1.6C...with a slight northerly breeze.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

I wishfully predict ninja snow tonight. Portmarnock just now.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 silverthorn100

After clouding over here very fast in South tipp/ South kilkenny.wonder will anything come of it.nothing on radar

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭weatherfiend

Been thick cloud running along the spine of 3 rock and west of it for the last hour. Too misty to see if anything fell but nothing came this side (NE) boooo!!

Temp 1.3 (or thereabouts - can't be sure of my stupid weather station now)

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Snowbiee21

Looks like a nice snow streamer heading over the Irish Sea into Meath/ border of north Dublin

The next 6 - 9 hours is the window for any streamers that may develop in the Irish sea.

Even if a small rain shower occurred it would make the roads lethal but more likely would be hail and snow showers. Even light showers could cause some disruption for the morning it's going to be that cold. Could get down to -8 or -9c in parts of the east.

EDIT: Some development now in the north Irish sea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭HighLine

Snowbiee21 wrote: »
    Looks like a nice snow streamer heading over the Irish Sea into Meath/ border of north Dublin

I don't see it...? There is a small streamer heading for Wexford but will probably die out before land.

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Snowbiee21

The next 6 - 9 hours is the window for any streamers that may develop in the Irish sea.

Even if a small rain shower occurred it would make the roads lethal but more likely would be hail and snow showers. Even light showers could cause some disruption for the morning it's going to be that cold. Could get down to -8 or -9c in parts of the east.

EDIT: Some development now in the north Irish sea.
    Am I right by saying this is edging into Dublin?

Snowbiee21 wrote: »
    Am I right by saying this is edging into Dublin?

Embryonic stage. Could be nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭Zack Morris

0*C in the Phoenix Park @ 17:30.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭icesnowfrost

Frost still here in the shadows all day(drogheda )
    Starting to cloud up now

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement