Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Commercial change of use costs

Options
  • 25-01-2015 8:00pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭

Hey guys,

Just doing the initial ground work on a potential property purchase and trying to assess viability.

The property is currently a mechanic's workshop, and I'd be looking to develop for gym use.

Size is 377m.

As I understand it, I'd need the following from a planning perspective;

> Planning Permission - change of material use
    > Fire Safety Certificate
    > Disabled Access Certificate

Cost wise, I know the application fees would be about €1,400, €1,100 and €1,100 respectively.

I just have no idea how much architect and other ancillary fees would be. Woud anyone have a ball park figure?

Also - am I correct in saying that if I get the above things done, then I'm clear to start work and commence operations upon completion and be fully above board?

Thanks,
    James

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,452 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Hanley wrote: »
    Hey guys,

Just doing the initial ground work on a potential property purchase and trying to assess viability.

The property is currently a mechanic's workshop, and I'd be looking to develop for gym use.

Size is 377m.

As I understand it, I'd need the following from a planning perspective;

> Planning Permission - change of material use
    > Fire Safety Certificate
    > Disabled Access Certificate

Cost wise, I know the application fees would be about €1,400, €1,100 and €1,100 respectively.

I just have no idea how much architect and other ancillary fees would be. Woud anyone have a ball park figure?

Also - am I correct in saying that if I get the above things done, then I'm clear to start work and commence operations upon completion and be fully above board?

Thanks,
    James

They are just the application fees Hanly, which I recommend you clarify, a DAC is only €800 not €1100. FSC is area based and the planning fee is area based too.

On top,of that you have add one such as Ordnance Survey Maps, plans been draughts up, and each discipline will need to prepare their own set. ie the planning drawings will be different to the FSC drawings and also different to the DAC drawings.

Once all of them are obtained, you will need to appoint an Assigned Certifier to prepare detailed construction drawings, oversee the project and sign off on if for building control.

I honestly don't think you'll see change from 15k.

Advertisement